Chapter Six

Thanks Lycopanthry for giving me the name Zoë for Percy's dog!

Third Person

While the small dog Percy called Zoë in honor of his fallen friend danced around, Percy attentively listened to the dark and chilling story of a skilled killer.

"I met her in an alleyway. I was tracking down an empousa who had started killing everyone she saw, mortals, demogods, innocents animals. I looked up to see a hooded figure pointing a crossbow at the empousa. 'Does thee admit to killing innocents?' I remember her asking in her strong accent. The empousa sobbed out her answer and a second later, the bolt went through her heart, killing her."
   "The figure looked up and yelled, 'You dare show your face?' But then took another look and apologized hastily, saying she mistook me for someone else. She introduced herself as Xanasós, a hunter of the worst of the worst, killers who got away, rapist proven innocent, abusers given mercy. She gave me a business card with her name, godly parent (Boreas), and her number on it and said 'If you need someone dead, call me.' Then she used the winds and flew out of the alley like Jason would."
  Percy just thought. Why did this mysterious girl hunt down the baddies, and where did she learn how to fight? Did she have an inside source in the FBI? Camp? Olympus itself? So many questions, not enough answers. But as he was asking, far away, Assassin was answering.

Assassin smiled as she punched the guy in the face, this time hearing a satisfying crack. His face was a mix of ruined flesh, blood, and tears. He continued his moans of distress, while Assassin continued her torturous methods relentlessly. Her hood was down, showing straight black hair, silver eyes shining with bloodlust, and a large, blood red grin contrasting with pale skin. Around her neck was a carved red bird, which was the only part of Assassin not soaked in blood. In contrary, it was perfectly clean. "A million deaths just for one." Assassin sang dementedly as the man slowly died in front of her. "And her soul shall see the sun." As the light left the mans eyes so did the glint in Assassins eyes. She seemed to gain back her sanity and realize what she had done. In a few short seconds, she passed out.