Chapter 2

Shannon's P.O.V.

I woke up to the alarm I set on my phone for 5:00 in the morning. It was the day of the flight and I had to get ready to leave. I threw on some sweat pants and a sweat shirt and my favorite pair of Nike running shoes. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I then put our suitcases in the back of the uber that came to pick us up and waited for my mom and little sister Ali in the uber. While I was waiting I opened Instagram to see the face of the girl I saw last night. I was so intrigued. She looked so kind. I clicked on her profile and requested to follow her. Her name was Cammie Scott. I then scrolled through my feed for about two minutes when she accepted my follow request. I looked at her first picture of her and it was with what looked to be her boyfriend. The picture was captioned "6 months with him". I smiled and looked at her other pictures to find out she was in band and played the trombone. I play the alto saxophone and we usually sit in front of the trombones. "Hopefully we are in the same band" I thought. I really think she would be a good person to befriend. Ali climbed in the car and asked what I was doing. I said nothing and she put and earbud in my ear and one in hers and we listened to music the whole way to the airport. Ali fell asleep on my shoulder and I played with her hair. She's so cute when shes asleep. She's almost 15 and I can't believe it. She's a little bit shorter than me but I think she might be taller than me in a year or two. We arrive at the airport and I wake her up and she gives me a hug. I love how we are so close. I grab her suitcase and mine because she still looks tired and drag them along to the check-in desk. We check-in quickly then I grab some breakfast for us. I bought a bagel and coffee for me and my mom and for Ali I bought an orange juice and an omelet. I brought the food back and gave it to them. The plane started boarding first class so we started eating quicker. After about ten minutes passed we started boarding. I let Ali go first then I went then my mom went. Ali seemed excited to be going to Fargo and I on the other had was not. I heard about the house my mom bought. She didn't show us pictures because she wanted it to be a surprise. She also said it was a big place. We found our seats and sat down. I couldn't stop thinking about how school would go, I decided to sleep. I woke up to a message from the captain saying that we would be making our way down to the airport. I was excited, scared, and a little bit sad. We landed about half an hour later and got off the plane. I looked around through the windows of the airport and it was so green. The sun was out and I saw sunflowers in the distance. I took a selfie with Ali with the sunflowers in the background and posted it on Instagram. I captioned it "look where I live now". Ali held my hand and we walked out of the airport to the uber. It was going to be a fun summer I thought. "We have a month before school we should make it last" I told Ali. Ali said"hell yeah!" We walked out of the airport smiling. With my mom leading the way to the uber. I was starting to feel excited to see the house.