Chapter 5

Shannon P.O.V.

I responded quickly. to the "Hey!" she sent me.

Shan: What's up?

Cam: Nothing I'm on my way to a friend's house. How about you?

Shan: Nothing just sitting here I guess.

Cam: You want to come?

Shan: Sure, If you want me to?

Cam: Yeah, it will be fun. I'll send you the address

Shan: Ok. What time do you want me to be there?

Cam: 8?

Shan: Ok see you there :)!

I started to get ready to leave. Ali walked in. "Where you going" she asked. I told her I was going to a new friend's house. She said OK and went upstairs to her room. I took a little nap and woke up and I packed my purse with my wallet, chap-stick, gum, and my phone charger. I got into my car and drove to her friend's house. I put the address in the built in GPS in the car and started to drive. It took me like 20 minutes to get there because I wasn't used to driving here. I found her house and walked up to the door and knocked. Cammie opened the door immediately and I walked in and took off my gray Nike running shoes and walked downstairs. I got down the stairs and saw Cammie's friend and another girl sitting next to her. I didn't know who they were but I said "Hey I'm Shannon" and they said hey and introduced themselves. The tall brunette wearing a snap back and a flannel and vans stood up. With her brown eyes she looked at me up and down and said "Hey I'm Spencer this is my place and this is my girl" she motioned to the pretty girl next to her in a dress. "I'm Kendra, nice to meet you" she said as she shook my hand. Cammie then said "These are my friends. Quinn is coming later he is my boyfriend." "Cool" I said. Cammie opened Netflix on the T.V. and we watched Orange is the New Black for about two hours. I was kind of uncomfortable because I have never been exposed to gay people. My parents are very against gay people so that's probably why. I've only met two gay people in Texas and these people here now third and fourth. I kept thinking about what it is like being gay. I've never had a boyfriend so I don't know what love feels like. "What is being gay like?" I blurted out quickly out of nowhere. Spencer started laughing and Cammie giggled. "Hmm. Its like you like a boy but its a girl." Spencer said still laughing now holding Kendra's hand. "Why?" Cammie said. "I don't know just wondering" I said trying to play it cool. I didn't want to seem like a loser. Cammie looked at me then the doorbell rang. She got up and answered. I heard a quiet "hey baby" from what sounded to be her boyfriend. "Hey kids" he said walking downstairs. He asked Cammie who I was and she said that I was Shannon and I just moved from Texas. Hey said hello and then sat down next to Cammie. After we finished a few episodes of Orange is the New Black we decided we were going to play a party game. I suggested poker. Others suggested hide and seek, tag, and spin the bottle. "Let's play spin the bottle!" Spencer said. Everyone said sure and we proceeded to get a bottle and put it on the ground. "Who is going first" Kendra asked. "I'll go" said Cammie. She spun the bottle and It landed on Quinn. They kissed then Quinn spun the bottle. It pointed to Kendra and they kissed. Kendra went and It pointed to Cammie. Cammie didn't want to kiss her because she thought it was weird. They agreed not to kiss. Cammie spun the bottle quickly. It spun around for a while going round and around until it finally stopped. It pointed at me. I blushed because I wanted to kiss her. As a friend because it was a friendly game of spin the bottle. She whispered something into Quinn's ear but I could make out part of it. "I want to kiss her. Its just for fun babe" She sounded uneasy. She asked if I wanted to kiss her in private or there. I said it didn't matter and she took me to the bathroom. I walked in and I asked her a question. "Are you gay?" I asked with sweaty palms. She nodded and went in for the kiss. I pulled away. "Why are you dating Quinn?" I asked. She started to cry and say that she didn't want to date him but she had to so her parents wouldn't question her sexuality. I said I was sorry and she hugged me. I felt weird. I was really into her right now. I grabbed her side and pulled her in. I grabbed her cheeks and pulled her in for a kiss. I kissed her and she kissed back I pressed my tongue up to her mouth asking for permission to enter. She opened her mouth and we kissed now with our tongues. I looked at my watch and it was midnight. I told her I had to go. I told her I would text her later and she nodded. I walked out of the bathroom right past Cammie's friends and left. I walked outside and hopped into my Charger then I drove home. Finally home I walked in and downstairs to my bedroom. I got into bed and fell asleep before my mom noticed I was up past my curfew. I dozed off quickly with my phone lying on the other side of my bed. It buzzed and I ignored it. It kept buzzing and I looked at it. I had gotten seven texts from Cammie. I did not think much of it and I got up and went to plug in my phone. I went back to bed planning to respond in the morning. I feel asleep.