Chapter 9

Shan P.O.V
I saw Cammie leave. I felt pathetic. Here I am just sitting here sobbing when I should have been doing Cammie. I'm not gay. I like guys. I kept trying to convince myself that when Ali walked in the closet and saw me only in my bra and underpants sobbing. She looked at me "Shan whats wrong?" She said and grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I couldn't bring myself to tell her I was gay. But it had to start somewhere and that's the place it should start. "Ali." I said. My hands were shaking and my voice was cracking. She noticed the distress "How about you tell me why you are half naked?" She said sarcastically. "I'm gay" I blurted and cried even harder into my hands. She looked me up and down she held me and rubbed my back. "Its OK" she said over and over again. I looked at her and hugged her. I told her everything that happened. From the day I met Cammie at the pool. She seemed to be OK with me being gay. For that I was so grateful. We talked about it and how I guess I knew from when I was little but I always put those feelings away because that was not "normal". I told myself that nothing is normal and that everyone is different. Ali asked "Have you told anyone?" I responded by pointing at her. "I guess Cammie knows I'm not straight" I said sarcastically. She giggled under her breath. "Are you going to tell anyone else?" She asked. "What are you a detective" I snapped. "Sorry" I apologized. "I think you should tell people" she said holding my hand. "Ill tell mom. Soon. I've got an idea. Can you test the waters?" I asked. "Test the waters?" Ali said with a confused face. "Yeah, like ask her if she's OK with gays" I said. "Smart, you want me to just go up and ask mom how she feels about gays? Don't you think that will give you away" Ali said sarcastically. "Right" I said. "How about you said you saw this lesbian couple holding hands when you were watching tv? And then proceed to further conversation." I told Ali. "That could work" she said with a smile on her face. "Get dressed. We will do it at dinner" Ali said. She got out of my room and went upstairs. I got dressed.
A few minutes later I heard my mom yell "Dinner is done, Come here girls" that's when I felt my stomach drop to my toes. I was about to come out to my mother.

Ali P.O.V.
I left Shannon's room and went upstairs. I walked into my bedroom and started to get my story straight. I saw a lesbian couple on TV. So if she asks what show I was watching I would say. Hmmm. What show was I watching. Grey's Anatomy yes. OK so they were a couple and Ill ask If she's ever met a gay person. Then I heard mom call for us to come and eat dinner. It was now or never. I walked out of my room and to the kitchen.

Shan P.O.V.
The only thing running through my head was Cammie. God she was so hot without clothes on. Even with clothes on she is a goddess. The curve of her waist and her messy hair. The way she looked into my eyes i could look at her for a lifetime. I sat down at the dinner table. My mom made a pizza and she put it on the table. She cut it in slices and gave me the biggest one. The gave Ali the one with the most toppings. Ali looked at me and I nodded. "Hey Mom, so I was watching TV earlier and I saw a lesbian couple." Ali said making eye contact with me. My mom said "I had a gay friend in highschool" "Really?" I blurted. "Yeah back then it was harder to be different, She committed suicide." She said looking down then up at me. "Its too bad really. She was a great person. Always making people laugh" she said. "Wow" Ali said. "I don't have anything against Gay people. I like them. Its good to be different. Its good to be who you are" she said. Looking straight into my eyes. "I'm gay mom" I said. I burst into tears. She came to me. And whispered into my ear "I love you." I looked at her and we hugged. "So are we done? Because I'm hungry" My mom said. I laughed and said yes. My red colored face and my puffy eyes were apparently funny because Ali then said I looked like an alien. We all laughed and continued eating when my mom asked me "So do you have a girlfriend" "I uh I'm" when she cut me off "Cammie? Wow you move quick what is it like 4 days here?" "Mom!" Ali said gesturing to me with her eyes. My mom looked over to me and saw that I was crying. She asked what was wring and I told her everything that happened before dinner. "Aww honey" she said. "I know" I said. "Go. Get out of here. You need to fix it. Go tell Cammie how you feel. No coming back until you have talked to her." I went downstairs and composed myself. I changed into a pair of ripped skinny jeans a sweater and a snapback. I threw on some converse and went to the garage and hopped in my beauty of a car. I drove to where I did last time. I didn't know If her parents were home or not but i had to risk it. It was kind of late ten o'clock. I got out of my car and knocked. About thirty seconds later I saw a shadow walking down the stairs. They opened the door. It was Cammie. I walked in. I took her by the hand and walked her out to my car. She said nothing. I looked at her. Her eyes were red and puffy. Like she had been crying. I asked her what was wrong "I just came out" she said. "Wait. Really?" I asked. She nodded. I said "Me too Cam" I grabbed her by the waist and turned on the radio. Kiss me was playing. Right then it started to pour. Now was my moment. I looked at her up and down and crawled into the backseat. She did the same. This time taking off her shirt and her pants. I did the same. Taking off my shirt then my pants. Then my bra. She smiled and told me I was gorgeous. I said that I wasn't as gorgeous as her. She smiled and took off her bra. We did it. In the backseat of my car. All night long and until we both fell asleep naked. In the backseat of my car. Keeping each other warm. Keeping each other safe. She woke me up in the morning. She was dressed and was about to get out of the car. I was still lying naked. She whispered in my ear "I should go inside before they get suspicious." I nodded. She walked away. She came back a minute later. I was still lying naked. She kissed me. Than ran her finger from my chin to my belly button. She bit her lip then she left. God she was so sexy. So so sexy. she was mine. I was ready to make it official. I got dressed and drove back home. Where my mom was waiting for me at the door. Shit.