Chapter 3

We hoped in the uber and drove off. We left the airport and we were heading to our new house. While I was sitting I couldn't stop thinking about what it would look like and how big my room would be and what color the house was. I tried not to create any expectations because if the house wasn't what I expected it to be I would be disappointed. I took my phone from my sweatshirt's pocket and put in my password "0319" my birthday. I know clever isn't it. I open Instagram on my phone and I scroll through my feed. A cute puppy and sports fails mostly. I scroll farther until I see a picture posted by Cammie Scott. It was a picture of her in a lifeguard uniform in the sun. In the background I see that its the pool the high school operates in the summer. I could tell because the school logo a spartan head was on the whistle she had hanging from her neck down to her chest. I examined the photo and thought about asking Ali if she wanted to go when we were done unpacking. I asked her "Hey Ali, do you want to go to the local pool after we unpack later?" She said "swimming, really?" sounding confused. "Yes swimming maybe you could make a friend to hangout with and I could too. We should go for a little bit" I said try to convince her to say yes. "I think you girls should go!" my mom butted in. We decided we would go tomorrow on Monday. We passed the high school where we both would be attending. We saw the pool from the road and it didn't look too bad. Two minutes later we were at the new house. "Is this it" my sister and I asked in unison. "Yup" said my mom as she paid the uber and we got out. It was tan with olive green accents. It was really pretty and It didn't look very big. We walked inside and mom told us which rooms were whose. I got the room in the basement and Ali got the one next to my mom. We walked into Ali's room first it was a nice size and it was painted light blue. "It's so cute Ali" I said and patted her on the back. She walked in and we stayed in there for a few minutes trying to figure out where all of her stuff would go. "Lets go see mine" I said. I walked through the living room and down the stairs and when I got to my door I opened it. It was huge. It had a walk in closet and a huge window. I touched the gray painted wall and fell in love with my new room. I told Ali that we should sleep in here tonight so we can make plans for tomorrow. She agreed and we went upstairs for dinner. My mom ordered a pizza so we ate then since it was already 9:00 decided to go back downstairs to talk and watch a movie on Netflix. We didn't pay attention to the movie but we did talk about what the plans were for the next day. We would get up put on our bathing suits and then leave at noon. After about an hour of chatter I decided it was time for me to get some rest. I motioned for Ali to come closer and she did. We laid down on the blanket and fell asleep right next to each other.