Chapter 4

Shannon P.O.V.

I wake up to my alarm blaring in my ear. I shut it off so I didn't wake up Ali but it was too late because she moaned then got up. I said I was sorry and she asked what time it was. I told her the time 10:43 a.m. and I was still tired. We both went upstairs and ate toast and then went back downstairs to put on our bathing suits. When we were done it was already 11:30 and we thought its would be a good idea to head out. I asked my mom for her car keys and she asked why. I said because we were going to the pool and I don't have a car because we had to leave it behind. "Who says you don't have a car" she said and pulled out keys from behind her back. I asked what was going on and she walked out to the garage where a black Dodge Charger was sitting. I started to cry. My mom threw me the keys and Ali and I got in. I turned it on and revved the engine. I got out and hugged her and said thank you. Ali and I got in and drove to the pool.

Ali P.O.V.

I'm glad Shannon is happy because she has been having a rough time with the move. We pull out of the garage and onto the street where we go on our way to the pool. I turned on the GPS on my phone and told Shannon the directions to get to the pool. We finally got there and it was 5 minutes until noon. We got out of the car and got our stuff. There was a line since the pool was still not open. We got in line and I talked to Shannon and asked if she was ready for school. She said it was kind of scary to go to a new school but she wasn't too worried. I asked "Are you going to get a boyfriend". She said "I'm not too sure yet. We will see soon enough won't we?" Shannon is so pretty she could have any guy anywhere. Her long brown hair and her beautiful eyes. Her smile is perfect and so is her personality. Shes the nicest person I've ever met and if you asked someone else they would most likely say the same thing. She swears yes, but when she does its because of something meaningful. She is talented at playing the saxophone and she is really good at basketball and softball. I'm her number 1 fan. The pool doors opened and we walked in and paid to get in. We walked in and found a open spot on a table and set our stuff down and put on sunscreen. Shannon did me first. Then I sprayed her. We took off our shoes and headed to the pool.

Shannon P.O.V.

I walked into the pool and Ali followed I splashed her and she splashed back and it started splashing war. After a minute of splashing we heard a whistle and someone yelled at us for splashing. It was the girl I saw in the picture. She was wearing a lifeguard uniform and had a towel on her lap. I walked up to her and she said that we were not allowed to splash. I said sorry and said we just moved here from Texas. She said "Oh. Wait you are the girl that liked my Instagram photo?" I said yes and she talked to me for a few minutes. I asked if she was a senior and she said yes. She told me that on our first day that we should sit together. Then she gave me her number. After an hour I got tired of swimming and sat down and waited for Ali to be done. She came an hour later with a friend she had made. Her friend asked If I could bring Ali to her house tomorrow and I said that it would be fine. We left half an hour later. We got home and I went into my room and texted Cammie. I texted "Hey its Shannon." I waited for a response and didn't get one until 5. I read it and I smiled. I responded quickly.