Chapter 7

Cammie P.O.V.

I woke up to the text from Shannon

Shannon: Hey ...

Cammie: ...?

Shannon: Oh sorry. I'm not sure how to respond. Did you sleep ok?

Cammie: Oh okay. I slept well. I had a rough night.

Shannon: Oh what happened?

Cammie: I just had a bad night

Shannon: want to talk about it in person?

Cammie: That sounds nice...

Shannon: I will meet you at the coffee shop by the pool at 3?

Cammie: Ok I'll be there

I was surprised that she offered to talk. I thought she was mad at me. I went out into the living room where Lee was making lunch. He put down a plate of mac and cheese with a glass of chocolate milk. I sat down and laughed. "What?" he asked looking at me and back doen at the foos. "Its cute" I said giggling. "Its your favorite" he said "Yeah when I was 5" I laughed more and started eating. It was good. It tasted better knowing that I was free to be myself with my brother. "So..." He said looking at me up and down and moving his eyebrows. "whats up" he asked. I said nothing was up and he asked me if I had a girlfriend. "Not yet." I said and he looked at me and smiled. He asked who I liked and I said a new girl from Texas moved here and that we kissed. I also told him we were going out for coffee later. He asked if it was a date. I had no idea if it was or not. I got up and went to take a shower.

Shannon P.O.V.

I started getting ready. Was this a date I asked myself. Did I want it to be a date I asked myself also. The answer to both of those was yes. I had feelings for her and I knew it. I looked through my freshly organized closet and searched for the perfect outfit. I found it 10 minutes later. A black dress with sunflowers on it. I threw it on and it looked nice. I then got a jean jacket and put it on too. I threw on my white chucks and looked in the mirror. I didn't like the way the jean jacket looked so I took it off. I was showing a lot of shoulder and back but I figured it was okay because after all it is summer. I went upstairs because I told Ali I would bring her to her friend's house before I left on my date with Cammie. I knocked on her door and she opened it. She asked If I was still going to bring her and I said yes. I told her to get ready because I was going to drop her off in 40 minutes . Then I would have half an hour to get to the coffee shop. I watched a episode of Orange is the new black on my phone. While I was watching my mother walked through the door. I paused it and said hello and that Ali was getting ready for me to bring her to her fiend's house. She said OK and walked into her room. I resumed the episode. It just finished when Ali walked out and said she was ready. I got up off the couch and walked outside to where my car was parked. I opened the door and told Ali to buckle up I buckled up then we left. I drove to her friends house then went to the coffee shop. I found it and walked in and sat down. I ordered two chai lattes and then Cammie walked in. She looked stunning. She was wearing a black dress with black heels and her hair was down in curls. She walked over to me and I stood up. We hugged and sat down. That moment our drinks arrived and she said thank you. I said that it wasn't a problem and we small talked. After a little bit I blurted it out. "Cammie I like you a lot" I said turning red and getting nervous. She said she liked me back. We hugged and I invited her over to my house. I drove over and we walked in. I took her to my bedroom and then the fun started.