7- That Little Rat

How I spend my next morning isn't very dignified but I've been pushed to desperate measures by my family. You see, after I confronted Dylan about ratting me out, he insisted that he didn't tell our dad about me at first. He just told him that I did something wrong and then our dad had to double what I paid Dylan before he would tell him about Lionel.

So he gave me back my twenty and kept my dad's forty so that he could screw me over. That little rat.

So now, I have to sneak into my brother's room to make sure that he regrets turning on me about this because now that my dad found out about what happened with Lionel, he is sticking with his promise to threaten Lionel so that he won't want to talk to me anymore.

After Lionel picked me up last night, I explained to him what was going on and I told him that I understand that he should value his job more than our new friendship. And so once we got to the hotel, we said our goodbyes and then boom—I'm back at square one when it comes to friends.

Pissing off Dylan is very easy to do, which is good for when I'm plotting revenge because it's really not hard to do at all. First, I got into my parents and Dylan's hotel room by telling my mom that I wanted to borrow some of her perfume and then I held a conversation with her until she had to get to her spa appointment. When she left the room, I made my way into Dylan's room which is small but clean with an ocean view window.

Once in the room, I go to the small desk in there because there's where he's going to keep anything important to him. The first thing that I take is his money jar which is a glass mason jar full of money. I'll return it eventually but I know that he really loves money so his money jar is one of his prized possessions. His favorite book is in there too: Think and Grow Rich. I don't take that, but I do put it under his mattress so that he'll think that I took it.

The last thing that I do is I grab a How to Get Rich Quick manual from his desk and take it with me along with his money jar. After I get back from my jog, I'm going to edit it a little bit before I return it later.

I know that it sounds petty to pick on a twelve year old so much but if he wants to act like a jerk then I'll treat him like a jerk. Maybe next time, he'll realize that he shouldn't double cross me.

I get out of the room and then I leave the suite, not getting caught by Dylan since I timed this perfectly and he is at his new school now, making new friends and meeting all of his new teachers.

Back in my room, I hide the money jar and the manual in my nightstand before I get dressed in a sports bra and shorts. I hook both of my large dogs up to their leashes and then I'm walking with them through the building to get out to the beach.

I know that Dylan will know that it was me when he realizes that his things are missing and I'll have to be prepared for when he does notice. I'll give him until three in the afternoon when he gets back from school and tries to add his lunch money profits to the jar. He doesn't steal lunch money, he just takes money from Mom and doesn't eat lunch.

As I'm passing the pool area, I look to see who the lifeguard on duty is but it's not Vincent. If it was, I would have said hi but it's the other guy lifeguard who I haven't met yet. I know that Vincent works tomorrow night because that's when we agreed to meet up at the pool after it closes so that he can show me what it's like to be a lifeguard. I don't know if he's working today or not though.

I would stop to introduce myself to the other lifeguard but I want to be done with my jog as quickly as possible so that I can be prepared for when Dylan tries to retaliate to my retaliation.

Once I get to the beach, I start my jog just like I usually do with my dogs to my side and a slow jogging pace because of how hot it is outside.

A few days ago on my morning run, I realized that I found the perfect place to stop and take a break before returning down the beach to the hotel. There's an ice cream place on the beach about half of a mile down. They sell smoothies too, which are healthier, and they're cheap so I can stuff a few dollars in my pocket and go for a smoothie while the dogs play on the beach. There's a window to order from too, so I don't have to leave my dogs alone outside to go into the building to get the smoothie, which is really nice.