16- I Was Hoping So

I should probably feel nervous about going out with Vincent tonight because I just thought that that's how people are supposed to feel when they go on dates-- that they should be nervous. I'm not nervous at all though, I'm practically jumping with excitement. Not really because it's a date but I just love talking to Vincent, I love being around him. I'm always so excited to be able to talk to him and to just hang out. This will be better than all of the times we've spoken before though because this time, we'll be away from the hotel so we don't have to act like we're really only acquaintances.

And, depending on how this date goes, hopefully we'll kiss a lot too, which we also can't do at the hotel. He's picking me up at the souvenir shop down the street per my request because I'm so paranoid about my family finding out about what's going on. I almost considered just using the family car to meet him somewhere but then I would have had to come up with an excuse for my mom as to why I need the keys.

Without needing the keys, they don't even need to know that I'm gone but if they do notice and ask me where I am, I'll just tell them that I'm out with Jayda or something.

Ready for Vincent to pick me up, I make sure that my dogs are fed and that my outfit looks okay. I don't think that I dressed up too much—just a lacy crop top, skinny jeans, and black riding boots with a tan leather jacket—and my hair is in a quick braid over my right shoulder. I did my makeup too, so I think that I look presentable but it didn't take me very long to get ready at all.

I have a small bag that I put my phone and wallet in and then I'm heading out of the hotel to make it to the souvenir shop on time

However, my leaving the hotel doesn't go as easily as I was hoping that it would because as I'm walking through the lobby, Dylan spots me from where he's sitting on one of the couches reading one of his get rich quick books.

"Where are you going?" He asks me, stopping me from making an easy escape.

"Just out," I supply quickly. "The sunset is really pretty so I'm just taking a walk."

"With who?"

"By myself," I tell him with an impatient glare. I just want to get to the shop and hang out with Vincent and right now, Dylan is impeding on that and I'm not in the mood to deal with his annoying suspicion of me and his eagerness to make some blackmail money once he gets enough dirt on me to threaten to take it to our dad. Because he apparently doesn't learn.

"You're just wearing makeup for yourself?" He continues to interrogate me.

"You're insanely annoying, Dylan," I accuse him with a pointed look. "I thought that you were going to that rally with Jayda today."

"I did go, I got back a little bit ago and, in case you were wondering, it was a huge success," Dylan tells me with a proud little smile because he can't pass up an opportunity to gloat about his success. Such a little weirdo.