19- You're an Idiot

I'm woken up the next morning by a shrill ringing from my phone blasting in my ear. Cringing away from the sound at first, I eventually reach over to the nightstand and I push the answer button even though I don't recognize the number.

"Hello?" I try not to sound tired but I'm just waking up so I'm sure that my voice is low and groggy.

"Good morning, is this Bea Holloway?" The voice on the other end of the phone replies. She sounds very professional which takes me by surprise because I can't think of a reason why a professional woman would need to call my cell phone at whatever hour it is right now.

"Um, yes it is," I confirm slowly. "How can I help you?"

"Hello, Miss Holloway, my name is Sara Jurgen and I'm with the Gallagher Modeling Company and after reviewing your audition, we would love for you to come back in for a second audition. It'll be a lot easier and a lot quicker than the first one, we just need to show you off to all of the upper management before we sign you," The lady explains to me.

"Oh, that's great news," I say back with probably not as much enthusiasm as she was expecting. I'm not really that excited about it, and with the early hour, I can't really fake any level of excitement for making it to the next level of the audition process with this modeling company that I don't care about.

"Awesome!" She chimes. "So I've already emailed you the last of the forms and the meeting time and everything is all included in the email. If you have any questions, feel free to email me with anything you may need."

"Sure, that sounds good. Thank you so much," I put on my most polite voice as I sit up in bed but I can't stand up because Ronny is laying on my legs, sleeping very cozily and I dare not disturb him.

"Of course, we're excited to have you on board and we will see you soon," She tells me, her voice very happy and I wonder if she really is that excited or if it's completely forced to keep her awake so early. I'd have to force an insane amount of enthusiasm on myself too if I had to work at nine in the morning. I realize that that's not a very early hour and most people are working by nine but I'm just not a morning person.

"Yeah, thanks again," I say and then she wishes me a good day and then hangs up. I can't go back to sleep so I just decide to get a head start on my day. I get dressed in yoga shorts and a tank top, pull my long hair into a tight pony tail, and get my dogs hooked up to their leashes so that we can start the day with a run. Vincent also has the morning shift today so I'll be able to say hi to him on my way to the beach. A very subtle hi though, because I still haven't told my family about us.

Once I'm out by the pool, I prepare to greet Vincent but when I realize that he's already chatting it up with another employee, Katie the waitress to be exact, I just wave to him when I catch his attention but I don't stop to chat. He's busy. I just lead my dogs out to the beach and we start our slow jog along the sunrise. It's cooler than it usually is because I usually don't wake up so early to go for a jog but it feels nice.

I don't get a smoothie when I take my break because I'm not a fan of smoothies for breakfast but since I didn't eat before I left the hotel, I'm pretty hungry. I settle on a donut shop just a little bit farther down the stretch of beach and that's where I take a break from the jog to eat some breakfast while my dogs enjoy their time on the beach. Swimming and digging in the sand like they love to do.

It's an easy jog and I don't really push myself too fast, I keep the pace slow and by the time that I get back to the hotel, I'm barley even sweating which is convenient for me since I'm going to hopefully go see Vincent after I take my dogs to the groomers for them to clean off and get dry.