20- Things Aren't Weird

"I have to get back to work," Vincent mumbles into the side of my neck with his hand up my shirt.

"No you don't," I mutter in return, my voice raspy and breathless as I try to organize the thoughts in my head, which is always really hard to do when I'm kissing Vincent. It's even harder to stop when we're in the back office because he's always in his uniform, shirtless, and it's completely private so every hour on the hour whenever Vincent is working, we have fifteen minutes to lose our minds.

I'm not so insatiable that I go to him every hour every time that he's working but I do make the trip at least once per shift in the full week that Vincent has put the "girlfriend/boyfriend" label on our relationship, which means that we're completely exclusive and completely adorable.

"I do," He sighs, kissing my lips one last time before he steps away from me, running his fingers through my hair to fix it to make sure it doesn't look like we've spent the past fifteen minutes making out. "I'm off in a few hours and we can hang out then. Maybe a late lunch or something."

"You should find a way to sneak up to my room," I suggest, my hand still resting on his bare shoulder. "And we'll order room service and make out some more."

"Sneak..." He trails off. "Because your parents still don't know."

"I'm getting to it," I assure him as he grabs his whistle from the desk so that he can go back to work. "I'll tell them soon."

"You're a procrastinator," He accuses me, going for the door. "This sneaking around is really hard."

"Okay, yeah, I know. But in my defense, even if my parents knew that we're together, they still wouldn't let you in my room so there will still be sneaking," I remind him with a small smile. He smiles back at me, kissing my cheek as we stand by the door now.

"At least we won't have to time our leaving this office so that we don't look like we're leaving together," Vincent defends. "But anyway, I'll see you in a few hours."

I nod as he opens the door and I hide behind it so that he can leave. "See you in a few," I say before the door shuts behind him. I wait a few minutes in the cramped office by myself before I leave and make my way back into the hotel. I haven't gone on a run today and I wasn't going to but now that I'm feeling all worked up from making out with Vincent so intensely, I decide that it's a good idea. I get my dogs from my room and change into shorts and a sports bra before I return to the beach.

Just as I'm about to start my run down the beach, I hear somebody calling my name from the pool area.

"Bea!" I turn to see Katie, the waitress from the hotel restaurant, coming toward me. I'm kind of surprised by that because I've never really spoken to her. I see her around whenever I'm at the restaurant, which is rare, and I know that she's kind of friends with Vincent but that's not surprising considering all of the employees at the hotel are friends with each other.

"Yeah?" I respond once she approaches me in the sand, wearing her waitress uniform so I'm assuming that she's either just now getting off of a shift or about to start one.

"I just wanted to ask you a quick question," She tells me, panting a little bit because she was running to catch up to me before I left down the beach. "It's about Vincent."

"Okay then," I say slowly, not really sure where this is going. My dogs start pulling on their leashes, starting to feel anxious and ready to go for our run. I drop their leashes so that they can start playing on the beach while I talk to Katie.

"You two are together now? Like really together?" She asks me, her dark hair in her face as it falls out of her hectic pony tail but she doesn't move to clear it away.