Subliminal Messages

Javion was driving on campus where we were suppose to pick up Justin and his girlfriend. He was looking nervous as hell for some reason. I was chill, texting Ricky, Keri and S'ven.

I'm great at multi-tasking, even when it comes to texting these three crazy ass people.

"Why you nervous bruh?" I asked while still looking down at my phone.

"Nervous? I'm not nervous."

"Sure." We finally pulled up to the student center where Justin and his girl were sitting. They walked up to the car and got in.

"Wassup y'all. This is Olivia. Olivia this is Javion and his girl..."

"You know my name Justin." I said turning around.

"Trinity...wait you finally..."

"Shut up Justin!" Javion said through gritted teeth. I laughed, but I was confused at the same time.

"Hey Olivia, I like your shirt." I said looking in the back sit. She was a pretty girl, like a little doll. Big brown eyes, curly hair, caramel skin...she could be my sister to be honest.

"Where we going again?"

"Longhorn. I told you this a minute ago nigga."

"Don't start with me Justin." Javion drove off to Longhorn.

When we got there we didn't have to wait to be seated. Thank God.

"So Olivia, tell me a little about yourself." I asked like I was Justin's mother.

"Well, I'm 19 from California. I use to go to USC, but it wasn't the place for me so I moved down here with my brother."

"Cool, what's your major?"

"Chemistry, I love science ever since I was seven years old."

"Wish I meet you my junior year. Science kicked my ass, but I made it through with the grace of God." She laughed.

"She use to stay up for almost 48 hours studying for a test." Javion added.

"It be like that sometimes." She said.

"So how this knucklehead got with someone like you?" Javion asked as Justin flipped him off.

"Well, I signed up for a tutoring program to help students with chemisty and math and to make some extra money, and it just so happens that he was one of the lost souls I helped." She said nudging him in the arm.

"Ever since then I been making A's too."

"Better be." She said side eyeing him.

"Y'all are so cute! I'm happy Justin finally found someone. Felt bad for him whenever I saw him and his friends with girlfriends and he didn't have one. He would just be sitting alone looking like one of those dogs one those ASPCA commercials" We all laughed.

"So Javion tell me...how?" Justin asked drinking his tea.

"How what?"

"How you get with Trinity after all these years?" I sensed his nervousness. I felt his leg shaking under the table and I grabbed it so he would stop. He looked at me surprised.

"Gone head." I said to him.

"Well, w-we were friends then became roommates. It was weird at first having an apartment with a girl, but it was enjoyable if you know what I mean." I hit him in the arm.

"Don't." He laughed.

"Anyway she became my best friend even though we fought a lot, we were still cool. Some things came about that almost fucked up our friendship, but...but after that I started to grow feelings for her and then I finally built the courage to....to tell her that I liked her." He said looking at me. He was acting this out really good. "Now here we are."

"Aww, that's like a little love story. Proud of you fam."

"Yeah yeah yeah." Finally our food came and we started grubbing. As always when food comes around black folks, you won't hear anything but smacking, forks moving and chewing.

After letting our food settle for a minute, we all left and decided to go to get ice cream. It seems like every place we're going tonight, I've gone with S'ven recently.

We decided to sit outside, which I thought would've been a good idea because it was hot all day, but now it's chilly.

"You cold?" Javion asked.

"Well I am eating ice cream." I said slightly shivering.

"Want me to get your jacket out the car?"

"Nah, I'm good." I lied. I just wanted to finish my ice cream and go home at this point.

"No you're not." He got up and walked towards the car and I pulled him back.

"I said I'm good Javion."

"Well damn, didn't have to almost pull my arm out the socket."

"Sorry." I looked over at Olivia and Justin who was just cuddled up kissing each other and shit. Making me wish I could be with S'ven right now. Just as soon as I started thinking about him my phone went off. It was a message from S'ven.

7: Hope you're having fun, but not too much fun lol. I might be sleep by time you get home but call me until I wake up and if I don't answer you have the right to choke me lol

I laughed to myself and realized Javion was looking right into my phone.

"May I help you?"

"My bad." He said looking into his own phone.

"What's up with you Javion?"

"Nothing."

"Bruh, tell me you been acting weird all week."

"Nothing, for real. Aye y'all ready?" I rolled my eyes as I got up and walked to the car. Out of all days his big mouth don't wanna say something. What the FUCK! I must be missing the subliminal signs or something.