Chapter 6- Renovating

Georgia's P.O.V

I stuck my tongue out the side of my lips as I rolled down the paint roller on the wall, leaving behind a creamy white trail of fresh paint. I had gone out with Melinda and bought a couple of buckets of white, and black paint.

I grinned and stepped back, admiring my work. I had repainted the ceiling, and painted black along the edges of the store, and repainted the counters. I also hired people to redo the floor and add black and white tiles to the walls, as well as install a bunch of more modern lights.

How could I afford this? As idiotic, stupid, uncaring, selfish- the list goes on and on- my father is, there is one thing I like about him.

I get a hell of an allowance.

This would hardly even dent my credit card- probably because I hardly ever use it, and I hate shopping. 

And why would I care if I get tons of money if I don't shop?

Music, my friends. Music.

And candy. Lots and lots of candy. 

I tossed my paint roller on the sheeted floor, next to the empty bucket of paint and stretched, cracking my bones on my wrists and fingers. The store was quiet, and the cracking sounds echoed through the shop, since the instruments were moved.

Melinda was at the store buying some decorations, such as chairs, tables, and hooks, and refused to use any more of my money, despite my attempts to negotiate. "You've done enough!" She smiled holding up both hands as I tried to hand her my credit card.

It would probably be awhile for her to return, and for the paint to dry, so I laid down on the floor, not caring if specks of dry pain got in my hair. 

My appearance was probably horrid, with my hair put up in a messy bun, and white and black paint staining my hands and cheek- where I had stupidly tried to scratch my face. Not to mention, the t-shirt and pants I borrowed from Mel were completely ruined. The shirt had gone from white to white with black spots like a dalmation, and the jeans were worn and smudged.

I was proud, however. I was proud of my work, and proud I had helped someone in need.

On the plus side, I got to work with something I loved. Music.

Actually, that's what got me sent to London...

I stared absentmindedly out the window, when a scene flashed before me.

*Flashback*

Mommy was very pretty. She looked pretty anytime, even when she had just woken up, or was tired. One day, I was playing in the living room when I heard a beautiful tune. I jumped up and ran towards the souce; the big black thing.

"It's called a piano, sweetie." I recalled mommy saying. "P-peeano." I repeated triumphantly. She laughed her melodic laugh, and pulled me in for a hug.

I saw Mommy playing the piano and watched in awe as her delicate fingers flew across the keys at a smooth pace, humming along as she did so. I stood there silently, afraid to break the music when she noticed me. Her fingers slowed to a stop and she reached out for me.

I ran towards her with no hesitation now, and jumped into her outstretched arms. "Mommy!" I squealed. She laughed and placed me on the bench beside her. "Can you teach me how to play the p-p..."

"Piano?" She asked, amused watching me struggle with the odd word,

"Yes! Peahhhno! Can you teach me, mommy?" The older woman made a thinking face.

"Please!" The woman laughed and tickled me.

"Since you said please!" She took my chubby little hands into her own, and pressed a couple of notes. It was a simple melody, but it excited me even more.

"Twinkle, twinkle little star,

How I wonder what you are!"

She sang in a clear voice. I giggled and sang alone with her. She did this over and over again, until I could play the song on my own. 

I heard the front door open, and in walked my daddy. "DADDY!" I shouted, running towards him. He picked me up and spun me around in a circle. "Daddy! Daddy! Watch what Mommy taught me!" I squealed. He chuckled deeply, and set me down on the floor.

I ran back to the piano and poked at each note of the song, and messed up a few times. At the end, I frowned, but looked up at him.

The man burst into a grin and hugged both of us. "That was amazing, darling!" I pouted.

"But I made a mistake!" I cried out. I remember Mommy taking me by my hand and saying,

"Even though you made a mistake, you poured your heart out into it. Just keep trying, honey. Keep trying, and I know you can do anything."

I looked up and nodded silently.

She stood up and clapped her hands. "Now who wants dinner?"

My thoughts were interuppted by the opening of the door. Melinda stumbled in with boxes piled high in her arms. I jumped up and helped her move them safely into the shop. When the boxes weren't blocking her vision, she gasped.

"It looks so good!" She cried, looking at the walls. I smiled bashfully.

"You know, I am so lucky to have you!" She continued, her eyes big and filled with excitement like a little girl's."

"Aww..." I blushed at her compliment. Mel opened the boxes and grinned.

"After they fix our windows and stuff," she smiled, "we'll be left with the fun part!" I nodded and said at the exact same time-

"Decorating."

LOL, this is a bad chapter, I know. It's just a filler chapter to lead up to the exciting parts.

SOOOO

Remember To:

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

ADD TO YOUR READING LIST

SPREAD DA WORD

<3 Katie Kat

=^-^=