1

"Honey, you can't just move to New York to become a model, it makes no sense and I thought you wanted to become a doctor, yeah what about that dream?" My mother asked, bombarding me with questions as I made a beeline for the door.

I rolled my eyes with a slight smile, "mom I'm fine and I already have the plane ticket," I kissed her on the cheek, "goodbye."

Saying my goodbyes to my family wasn't the hardest thing I've ever done, but it was close. I was so excited for what the world had to offer...everything was so new. I'd lived in a small town in Michigan and honestly all of this is a fresh new start. I've never been to any other state before and now that I'm nineteen and stable from my dark past, it's like everything is new.

Getting to the airport, I checked the board for all the flights to New York. I was going there at five and it was honestly so early in the morning that I was thinking about sleeping on the goddamned floor.

I yawned, dialing my bestfriends phone number. He picked up on the third ring, "what?"

"Just to be sure, what time are you supposed to pick me up?"

He sounded tired, "Kellin...it's really fucking early, and you're asking me about the time that I'm going to pick you up later?"

I scoffed, looking at the nearby Starbucks. There was a girl working there and now that I come to think of it, I was sort of thirsty, "whatever, Justin I'll text you later." I told him, as I hung up.

The airport was empty and I didn't mind being alone to be honest. I have really high anxiety attacks and it happens when I'm around other people- but that's if I don't use my medication.

I went to the Starbucks that I'd seen and looked at the menu. Seeing what I wanted, I met eyes with the lady working there and before I could say anything, I was shoved aside.

"Yeah, get me a caramel macchiato, hold the whipped cream and substitute the milk with a lactose intolerant substance of some sort...oh, and instead of the normal caramel drizzle change that to the almond nut vegan flavor. Oh, and for myself I'd like a nice and dandy cup of water, thanks Hun." The guy had said, he had short dark hair and wore this suit with a tie. The lady working glared at him, and I tapped his shoulder.

He was much taller than me but I was still upset, "exuse me," I spoke.

He turned around, looked me up and down, and laughed, "what?"

I chuckled dryly, "Yeah there's this thing called a line, you should educate yourself about it-"

He crossed his arms, "sweetie, do you know who I am?"

I rolled my eyes, "I don't care who you are, I care about you fucking cutting me in line because I wanted my fucking pumpkin latte-"

"Hey, hey! What's going on here?" An unfamiliar voice had interrupted us. Looking up, it was the most beautiful guy I've ever seen. His hair was medium length and was in a set of brunette, curly, waves; and his eyes were this dark brown color. The second thing I noticed were his muscles.

"Oh, I-"

He rolled his eyes, "know what? Don't worry about it, exuse my assistant, Oliver. Here, how much was your drink?"

I bit my lip, "oh, no you don't have to pay for it I'm fine."

Oliver scoffed, "see, Vic, he's fine, lets go." He urged the guy- Vic. But Vic shook his head and winked at me.

"My treat." He said, "what'd you order?" He asked me, getting out his wallet. I felt flustered.

"Uh...vanilla bean frapucino?" I said, I know I wanted a pumpkin spice latte but that seemed too basic. Vic chuckled, "that's my favorite."

Soon he paid for my frapucino and before I could even say thanks, he was off, walking in another distance. I know it's weird to have such mixed up feelings for a stranger but he was really nice. Oh, well...I guess soon I'll have an assistant one day but for now I've got to get to New York.

I found a corner to sit at and say my luggage right beside me before setting the alarm on my phone, and gently shutting my eyes.