29| Motel Glen Capri

"Aura."

I groan softly and as a hand moves me. I push the hand away and try to go back to sleep. But the hand is persistent.

"She's going to kill you."

"No, she won't."

The hands pushes me a bit rougher this time and I grab it. I squeeze the hand until I hear a whimper. I release it and something falls to the floor. I slowly open my eyes to look at it. The 'something' turns out to be 'someone' and that 'someone' turns out to be Stiles. He rolls on the floor of the bus clutching his hand.

"Told you," Lydia claims.

I push myself up and stretch. "Are we there yet because I'm sleepy."

Stiles rises to his feet still holding his hand. "Ow."

I pick up my bag and step around him. I follow Allison and Lydia off the bus followed by Scott and Stiles. My jaw drops as I stare at the dilapidated building. My necklace begins to glow. I pay no attention to it because it looks like a glow in the dark necklace.

"I've seen worse," Scott lies.

"Where have you seen worse?"

"There's always Derek's house," I say.

We crowd around the coach.

"Listen up! The meet's been pushed 'til tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least mount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up except for the three lady hitchhikers who will be together. Choose wisely."

I stare at the motel. A strange, and no pun intended, aura radiating off of it. Whispers but the words are incoherent.

"And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty, little hands to your dirty, little selves!"

Everyone takes a key from coach as they walk towards the building. I keep my feet planted in the same spot and I notice Lydia does the same thing.

"Lydia? Aura?" Allison asks.

"I don't like this place." Goosebumps arise on my arms as a shiver runs down my spine.

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place. It's just for a night."

Lydia shrugs and I stop her. I shake my head.

"A lot can happen in one night."

Allison takes both of our hands and pulls us into the building. But I don't want to go. Something bad is going to happen and I'm not even sure what. I adjust the grip of my bag strap on my shoulder.

I swallow my fear and follow her into our room. She pushes the key into the locked and twists it. She pushes the door open but it doesn't budge.

Lydia and I help by pushing our weight into door. It flies open and we fall onto the floor.

"It smells in here," I inform them.

"It smells moldy to me," Lydia says. "You?"

"Mold, nicotine... death."

"Good to know."

We push ourselves off the floor and turn on the lights. I sit on the bed but I realize my necklace is still glowing. Something bad is here. Or something bad is going to happen here. Or both.

"Ugh, I feel gross. I wanna shower," I mutter.

"Can I shower first?" Allison asks.

I push myself off the bed and walk over to the dresser. I pick it up and scrunch my nose. The smell of tobacco is strong and I cough.