Chapter 19

Friday (The day before Jess leaves) -

I'd just finished my final exam and was just getting my bag out of my locker before I could finally say bye to this hell hole. Honestly, I hated school, I never really saw the point of it as all I wanted to do was to sing. 

I was moving to New York tomorrow for a year, and I just had to tell Ashton, Calum and Michael this afternoon. They were coming to mine for a pizza and movie night to try and cheer me up. I still haven't got over Luke, but to be honest, I don't think I will for a while. 

To try and help, Alix is moving with me to New York so I'm not alone. We're the same age so she's just finished school too and is going to get a job their for a year somewhere so she can earn some money at the same time. I can't wait to see Alix again and I'm meeting her there as it would be pointless us trying to meet somewhere else first.

I got home and decided to get changed in to something nicer but comfier as I'd only got ready very quickly this morning as I needed to go early so I didn't miss my exam. I got changed in to a plain black maxi dress with thin straps as I love wearing maxi dresses. I was ready just before the boys arrived.

We sat for a bit and watched a film before we decided that it was time to order pizza. Ashton ordered it and it soon arrived which shocked us all as we usually have to wait for ages.

Once we'd eaten the pizza, I decided that it was time to tell them.

"Guys I have something to tell you" I began.

They all nodded for me to continue.

"I've got a recording contract" I smiled as they all started to jump on top of me. 

"THAT'S AMAZING" Calum shouted.

"There's just one catch" I added.

"Which is?" Ashton said.

"I have to go to America" I said, as all their faces began to look a little bit confused.

"How long for?" Calum asked.

"A year" I told them.

"You can't leave us!" They all said as they gave me a massive hug.

"Wait, when do you leave, you need a goodbye party?" Michael asked.

"Er, I leave tomorrow" I sighed. A leaving party would have been fun.

"Damn" He sighed.

"I'm gonna miss you three loads" I whispered.

"Wait, does Luke know?" Calum asked.

"Nope" I said, popping the P. "And don't let him find out until I'm gone cause I don't want him finding me" I added.

With that, I gave them all huge goodbyes as I wouldn't be seeing them for the next year then went upstairs to pack my bag. This was really happening.