Chapter 13

Kevin's POV

I awoke to a sharp beeping sound and uncomfortable bed sheets.My head hurt like hell. As I opened my eyes, they became enveloped in pain from the bright light, so I swung my head away from the light and forced shut. I shifted uncomfortably, trying to get comfortable because I felt tired again, but in the process, I kicked something, and it seemed quite painful for the object. "Oh shit!" It cried out in a raspy voice. Wait, that voice is... Familiar. Oh. My. God.

I clenched my eyes even tighter, painful memories struck me like a lightning bolt. For a second I forgot, for a second I was in pure bliss... Until he reminded me. As usual. I wish I could leave. I want to be done with him, but I can't. I don't want to admit it, but I- I love him. I hate him, I love him, I can't pick one. I love him one moment, but then he gives me reasons to hate him. I thought we would get better, I thought we'd be okay. But of course he has to find a way to fuck it all up. Excuse my language, but I'm so frustrated, and sad, and angry. The list of my emotions would go from California to China and back. Can I just have a normal relationship with someone? Is that too much?

After maybe 20 minutes passes, I unclench my eyes and just barely lift my eyelids. The light is intense and painful, but after a while, the pain fades and I am able to observe the area. My eyes are met with a plain white room, the stinging of a monitor's incessant beeping is picked up by my ears. The bed is plain white, like everything in the room, and stiff as a board. There is an IV plunged in my plae skin, I never noticed it till now. Thank goodness they did while I was under, because I am terrified of needles. I peek down to my legs to see Edd, head in his crossed arms, in what looks like an uncomfortable position to be in. His beanie was slightly askew on his head, his dark locks spilled from the hat and onto his face. His mouth was open as he slightly snored away, his eyes had dark, set in bags underneath them; from the looks of it, he hadn't slept in days. His clothes were mismatch and looked to be haphazardly thrown on. I felt a bit of guilt rise from my stomach, but I pushed it aside, thinking of all the stress he put me through.

I sat up to get a little more comfortable, making sure I didn't wake him from his slumber. I looked around again to see if there was anything to pass the time with. I stopped when my eyes reached the top right hand corner of the room. There was a small flat-screen Tv hung on the wall. I looked for the remote and saw a small, brown, bedside table next to me. There, the small, black remote sat next to my glasses. Oh, yeah, I forgot about those. I plucked my glasses from the table to find that a small layer of dust had collected on them. Man, how long was I out for? I wipe the dust off with the bed sheet and grabbed the remote from table. I clicked the Tv on and the channel 3 news came on. In the corner of the screen it read 5/6/16. My mouth fell in astonishment. It had been 4 days since I was last conscious. 4 days. Oh my god. I can't believe I was under for 4 days!

My head began to throb from the anxiety, and stress so I turned off the Tv and took my glasses off. I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a stressful sigh. A sudden wave of energy loss came to me in a quick motion and I laid my head down again. I need more rest, which is ironic considering I've gotten 4 days of rest. I feel my eyelids begin to get heavy, and as I'm just about to close my eyes, I felt something, or someone, touch my hand. Figuring it was Edd, I let him slip his hand into mine, and felt run his thumb against my soft, skin. His hand felt like it had before, callused, yet warm. It felt the same ever since we started dating, and I could never get enough of it. I gently squeezed his hand. He gasped in surprise and chuckled. He squeezed back. "Edd?" I whispered. "Yeah baby?" I missed him saying that so much. With my other hand, I pat a spot next to me, and motioned for him to come closer. By now my eyes are fully open. He gingerly climbs atop the bed and sits down. I shake my head and pull him down so that he was lying down next to me. We come face to face for the first time in four days, and I've never gotten tired of his gap in his smile. I lean forward, his eyes close, and kiss his forehead, nose, then lips. He kisses me with passion, but kept it gentle, he slightly tugs at my lips and I giggle. I pull away and lye close to him. He wraps his skinny arms around me and lays his head on mine. And we fall asleep soon after, I wish we could have stayed like that forever but all good things end, and I have a feeling that it may end soon.