Spies

CHAPTER 12

He just said he was my boyfriend!

I swear that made me feel like the luckiest girl alive.

I'm Ian Hunnings girlfriend.

I smiled goofily at myself.

After my inside freak out, I remember what was going on.

"Mike? What are you doing here?" I said looking at the guy of my past, and then to Ian. His jaw was clenched, and his hands where in fists. I walked down the stairs, not to fast because I really didn't want to see Michael.

"I heard about Madison," he paused for a moment and looked at Ian then back to me, "I came as fast I could."

I was now in front of him, standing at the door. I didn't answer him.

"Are you ok?" He asked sincerely.

"Um." Was all I could get out, I didn't really know how to answer that.

"Who am I kidding? Of course you aren't." His arms then came around me, embracing me with a hug. My arms dangled at my side at first till I brought them around him.

Awkward.

Finally, he let go, and I stepped back next to Ian. I quickly glanced up at him to see his crystal blue eyes dark and stormy, he was fuming with anger. I could tell he was fighting hard not to jump at Mike. I started to rub his arm trying to calm him.

"So are you going to invite me in?" Mike said rudely.

"Um, sure. Yeah, come in." He started to walk in like he owned the place, and headed to my living room. I heard him say "oh" and he turned around.

"You look good by the way, Star." He winked then turned back around and sat down on the couch.

Star. He used to call me that when we dated. He never wanted to call me Sky or Skylar, well that and he said that I remind him of a star. It's kinda ironic though because stars are in the sky.

Oh my gosh. I slapped myself on my head, now just realizing another reason he called me that.

I was lost in my own thoughts that I hadn't notice I was already sitting down on the other side of the couch where Mike was, while Ian was still standing near the now closed front door. His arms were crossed over his bare chest. I didn't notice I gawking at his well muscled chest till Michael cleared his throat.

I turned my attention back to Mike, "So, how have you been?" I asked him awkwardly.

"I've been fine." He smiled. I sat there not making eye contact, I flinched when I felt Ian's hands grab my shoulders lightly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him again.

He raised his eyebrow before he answered, "I already told you, I came after I heard about Madison."

"We haven't talked in months, though, Mike." I said, getting annoyed.

He sighed, "Well, um.. I also came to talk to you, but I didn't know you'd have company." He said, glaring at Ian.

"Whatever you need to say, you can say in front of him."

"Fine," he looked at me with a hard glare, "I'm still in love with you, Star."

My eyes widened, I probably look like deer in front of head lights. I felt Ian's grip tighten on my shoulders.

"Ever since we broke up, I've tried to get over you, but it's impossible." He reached out his hand and touched my thigh.

Ian quickly let go of my shoulders and took Michaels wrist, taking it off of me.

"Don't touch her." He growled. Mike pulled his wrist out of Ian's grip and stood up in front of Michael.

"Make me!" He growled back.

I'm so glad mom is at work right now.

I then stood up and grabbed Ian's upper arm and pulled him back before he did something he'd regret.

"Calm down." I whispered in his ear. He looked at me and I met his gaze. I don't how, but his eyes were darker then when Michael first got here, but they flashed with guilt.

"Leave." He said angrily at Mike. He put his hands up and walked to the door, he was about to leave when he skidded to a stop.

"We aren't done talking, Star." He said without looking at me, then left. He slammed the door and a few seconds later you could hear his car screeching away.

"Why didn't you tell me about him?" Ian said to me. I didn't want to meet his eyes so I stared at his nose, or really any other people other then his eyes.

"Sky." He demanded.

"I didn't think it mattered." I raised my voice, still not looking at him.

"Mattered?" He let out a frustrating sigh, "This dude is still head over heals for you, and you don't think it mattered?"

I finally met his eyes, and gave him the most livid stare that I could, "I didn't know." I said each word one by one. He let out a soft breathe, and took us to sit on the couch.

"Tell me about him." his eyes gleamed with curiosity, anger, and resentfulness. He ran his hand through his dark shaggy hair.

So I did. I told him about Michael and I.

"We met at the schools football game three years ago, when Madison made me go get her snacks with her. He was in line in front of us. Madison and I were arguing over who was going to drive home, because neither of us wanted to. The boy in front of us turned around, and told us to flip a coin or something so he didn't have to hear our bickering anymore, and that we did.

"That night, the guy from the line stayed with us till the game was over, before I got in the car, he asked me if I wanted to go on a date sometime. Reluctantly, I said yes. We went on our first date, then a second, at that one he kissed me. After that we went on more till I was officially his girlfriend. We were the "cutest couple of the year" from what everyone called us.

"I thought I was in love with him, but I wasn't. Last summer, I found him cheating on me with another girl. He told me it was a mistake and he was drunk, but I declared it over. I got over it in a month time, because I only loved him. I wasn't in love with him.

"That's it, Ian. That's all that's ever been there. I'm glad we broke up, because if we didn't I would of never had you." As I finished, a big grin came on Ian's face.

"Thank you." He said.

"For?"

"Telling me all of that."

His hands reached up and gently caressed my cheeks. We stared into each others eyes, no awkwardness, we were at loss of words. He came forward, his lips so close that if I moved even a inched we would be kissing, and so I did. I moved the inch.

This kiss was different. It wasn't like the ones before. This one was more passionate, it had more intimacy. After only god knows how long, Ian pulled back.

"I love you, Skylar Evans."

"I love you too, Ian."

**************

A/N

Love is in the air! <3

If you guys haven't listened to coldplay, PLEASE check them out. Also, check out, Emancipator, The Neighbourhood, The Xx, The Glitch Mob, and Angus and Julia Stone! :D

Forever and always,

-Josie