Chapter 1

"You're dead, Potter."
Harry raised his eyebrows. "Funny, he said, "you'd think I'd have stopped walking around. . . ."
Malfoy looked angrier than Harry had ever seen him. He felt a kind of detached satisfaction at the sight of his pale, pointed face contorted with rage.
"You're going to pay," said Malfoy in a voice barely louder than a whisper.
"I'm going to make you pay for what you've done to my father . . . ."
"Well, I'm terrified now,' said Harry sarcastically. 'I s'pose Lord Voldemort's just a warm-up act compared to you three--what's the matter?' he added, for Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle had all looked stricken at the sound of the name. 'He's a mate of your dad, isn't he? Not scared of him, are you?'
"You think you're such a big man, Potter,' said Malfoy, advancing now, Crabbe and Goyle flanking him. 'You wait. I'll have you. You can't land my father in prison--'
'I thought I just had,' said Harry.
'The dementors have left Azkaban,' said Malfoy quietly. 'Dad and the others'll be out in no time ...'
'Yeah, I expect they will,' said Harry. 'Still, at least everyone knows what scumbags they are now--'
Malfoy's hand flew towards his wand, but Harry was too quick for him; he had drawn his own wand before Malfoy's fingers had even entered the pocket of his robes.

"Potter!'

Harry had never thought of the truth behind Malfoy's words.
It was a simple threat, nothing to have been worried about.
Besides, he'd just dealt with the Dark Lord- how could Malfoy be any worse?
He regretted some part of not thinking about how Malfoy would have reacted, he was a bomb ready to go off at any moment.
And a Malfoy always got his way.

Now he sat in the Malfoy's large estate mansion, held against his will without his wand in hand and feeling as defenseless as he had when he was a child.

He let his mind wander as he let his head smack against the cement wall, and shut his eyes to escape what moments he could....

【 a few hours earlier 】

Harry, having being in bed for more than two hours, pushed his glasses on his nose and climbed out of bed. He let his sock covered feet gently hit the floor, and he quietly stepped to the foot of his bed.
He decided to dig through his trunk as quietly as he could before he eventually found what he was looking for, and took hold of his invisibility cloak.

He was having trouble sleeping, especially with... Sirius still fresh in his mind..
It was only a year later and yet... he couldn't get the thought out of his mind, couldn't forget the screams that echoed around him.
Couldn't forget the scream he unleashed as he reached out for his godfather.

With haunted eyes, he shook himself out of his state.
Harry quickly changed out of his pajamas, pulling on a large shirt and jeans that sat on top of his trunk.

The boy pulled on his cloak before slipping on his shoes.
Harry began to creep towards the door before coming to a sudden realization.
....Did he lose something?
There was an itch at the back of his mind and he couldn't quite remember what he was missing.
He stepped back to his items and began to dig through his school bag, desperately searching for what exactly it was he was worried about.

"Oh," Harry thought with a sudden remembrance, "it's due tomorrow.."

Hermione had told him, he'd just seemed to have let it slip his mind.
She'd be absolutely fuming if she found out.

The raven haired boy set out immediately, finding that he was , in fact, missing his potions paper.

He made his way out of The Fat Lady's sleeping portrait, and slipped back into the silent halls of Hogwarts.