chapter 36

Ginny pushed Luna to the side as a spell whizzed between them, her own body colliding with the other girl as they hit the floor of the Great Hall.
A high pitched cackle resounded through the hall, and Ginny quickly scrambled to her feet, pulling the pale blonde up with her.
"You go, I'll handle her." Ginny affirmed, and she rose her wand with a fierce, determined expression crossing her face.

The normally doe-eyed look Luna held had disappeared, and fear was written clearly across her face as she grasped onto the redhead's arm.
"No. Ginny, she's insane. She's mad. She'll-"

There was a shout as another spell was cast, and Ginny felt her eyes widen considerably as the two were blown back, though she got the brunt of it. The explosion threw rubble and dust over the two, and Ginny turned over, her back to the ceiling and her body shielding Luna.
"Bloody hell." She muttered, and red strands of hair had slipped free from the loose ponytail she had thrown it into.
The high laughter once again filled the hall, and Ginny turned over, her body feeling sore from the force of the trauma.
She saw a woman walking towards the two, her wand held in her grasp without a care in the world. Her eyes were wide and looked crazed, and her grin was bloodthirsty. Her curly hair stood out from her head, as if she'd been shocked by electricity.

Ginny covered Luna as much as she could, her eyes narrowed dangerously as she took her own wand into hand. Luna let out a stifled noise, and she was desperately shaking Ginny's shoulder urging her to get up so they could run off.
She fired off a spell and ducked her head, narrowly missing the light that ended up ignited a fire on the floor next to them.

She pushed Luna to the side, urging her to start moving as she climbed to her feet. She fired off an impediment jinx and barely managed to cast a shield charm in time to throw herself away from Bellatrix's "Crucio!".

It was then that more people entered the hall, and gasps announced the presence of George, Fred, Percy, and Molly Weasley.

"Not my daughter, you bitch!"
The fiercely determined voice of Mrs. Weasley boomed through the Great Hall, and Bellatrix turned her hand just in time to see the bright light of the spell as it left her wand.
At the same time, however, another spell was fired from a wand, and it managed to land just after Molly had cast the body binding spell.
Her eyes widened in pure shock at the turn of events and she twisted her body, raising her wand but failing to cast her final spell as she was hit squarely in the chest. Her mouth fell open, and her body fell to the ground with a loud thump.
The second spell landed, and there was a loud explosion as the ground shook.

Luna stood, her wand arm outstretched as she breathed heavily, her pale eyes glued to the bloody mess of where Bellatrix had laid only a moment before. She swallowed thickly, and her petite frame began to tremble.
Ginny, in her shock, turned to Luna, whose face was now covered in blood. She slowly walked over to the blonde and placed an arm on her shoulder, and tears gathered in the Ravenclaw girl's eyes.

"Mum!" The boys scrambled over to a blood-covered Molly Weasley, but she was looking across the hall.
"Ginny!"
"I'm with Luna!"

Step, roll, dodge.

Tom ducked his head as a curse whizzed past his glamoured hair, taking a few sandy strands with it. He moved slowly and surely, his legs crossing over the other as he and Voldemort kept their distance. He needed to be precise, quick, and sure. There was no place for mistakes, not for Tom Riddle from another universe.
There was no telling how much longer this war would last with the surrounding Death Eaters, how much longer the immortal-wannabe, who also happened to be Tom Riddle in this universe, would refuse to die.
The wizard had let out a loud scream, a deep and hoarse sound that came from his chest. He seemed to be in pain, and he clutched at his chest as he leaned, his back bending as he screamed towards the sky.
He doubled over, clutching onto the wand in his awkwardly confident grasp.
He looked up, and his red eyes were filled with rage.