It Really Is You [Nakajima Atsushi x Reader]

This was nice.

After leaving the orpanage you grew up in, you found a decent job at a bakery in Yokohama.

The old lady managing it was nice enough to take you in to help around. Despite only receiving the education the orphanage provided, she didn't hesitate.

It had a nice ambiance. The smell of freshly baked bread was something you'd always look forward to. It also had good pay considering you'd often work behind the cashier and help out in the baking once in a while.

The bakery closes at 9:00 PM. It was now 8:52 PM and you were waiting until it is time to close.

The apartment you were now living in was just down the street where the bakery was. You'd probably watch some movies or read a book once you get home. Maybe even have a nice, warm bath before that.

As you were lost in planning what you could do after work, you didn't notice the chime of the bell at the entrance signalling that a customer has entered.

The man wore a trench coat and the hat on his head covered half of his face.

"Umm. Can I help you, sir?" You asked cautiously.

"Yeah. You can start by being quiet." He said as he pulled out a gun.

"This is a hold up. I'm sure you know how to act in these situations when the offender is armed." He said as terror began to envelope you.
_________________________________

"He couldn't have gone that far."

"It's all my fault. I let him get away."

"Atsushi-kun. Don't say that. You did well."

Tracking down a criminal was hard. It was even harder that there were only two people doing the job. Whereas these situations would usually have more people working on it.

Atsushi Nakajima and his senior, Osamu Dazai, were assigned to track down and arrest the said criminal. The police requested it because he was rumored to be an ability-user.

"Come on. It's better we get him before he causes trouble rather than we sit here and contemplate." Dazai said while heading to the direction their target went.

"Yeah. I guess we should." Atsushi said still saddened as he caught up to Dazai.

After asking people if they saw a suspicious man around the area, they narrowed down their possibilities at a decent avenue.

"Atsushi-kun. What do you think a criminal would do at this hour?" Dazai asked.

"Uhhhh. I think he would rob a store." Atsushi stammered.

"Hmmm. And what store do you suppose?" Dazai hummed.

As soon as he said that, a gunshot was heard from nearby.

Their heads turned to the direction where it came from.

"That store." Atsushi answered nervously.

"No time to waste then. Let's get going." Dazai said as they proceeded to where the gunshot came from.

_______________________________

Paralyzed in fear with a gun pointed at your direction.

It's not like there was nobody else in the bakery other than the man and yourself. No one else to call the police while you were left to do nothing because of fear. It's not like that at all. Not at all.

It's also not a problem that he narrowly missed you when he fired a just to scare you. What more if he was serious?

Silently praying that someone would just happen to peer inside, notice your current predicament, and call the police.