And Here You Are (Akutagawa Ryunosuke x Reader)

So...

Here's part 2 of 'Before I was Here'.

Enjoy.....

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■•■■■■■■■•■■■■■■■■■■▪■■■■■■■▪■▪■■▪■▪■▪■■▪■■■■•■■■■■•■■■■■•••■■■■■■▪■▪■▪■▪▪▪▪▪▪■•■•■■▪▪

The rest of the day seemed to go by well.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

As of now, he was staring at the mangled corpse of his latest kill.

A company CEO who somehow insulted the mafia.

Taking out his phone, Akutagawa dialed Mori Ougai's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Akutagawa. How's the assasination?" A voice from the other line said.

"It's done. No witnesses were left." Akutagawa answered.

"So quickly? As expected of you." Ougai said in a satisfied manner.

After reporting to him, he proceeded to walk home.

He didn't take his usual route.

Normally, he'd go straight home. Today, he decided that he'd take a few random turns.

As he was walking through a fairly packed shopping district, he thought about the dream he had this morning.

It left him seething with anger, and hate. His colleagues were some of the first victims of his unusually bitter attitude. It eventually died down by noon.

Right now it was around 5:00 PM.

He still had time to go to the Port Mafia's base, but he didn't bother.

He almost missed it. Or her rather.

Right from the corner of his eye, he immedietly noticed the familiar features on her face.

He stopped at his tracks and turned his direction to her.

She was sitting at a bench while writing something down.

He moved a bit closer to make sure if she was who he thought to be.

He didn't want to raise his hopes up for nothing.

It's been roughly five years since then.

He sat down at the other side of the bench; respecting her personal space.

She looked so much like her.

He was sure that she had died then.

It was only him and his sister who lived among the nine of them. They even gave them a burial. They saw to it that their bodies were properly laid to rest. Speaking of which...

Only six bodies were buried. The other one wasn't found by the time they came back.

They didn't bother about the missing body then, since they were busy with their rigorous training in the mafia.

So there's a chance that she was still alive.

There's a chance that he could see her again.

And sitting beside him, a girl who might just be a look-alike, is a possibility.

He wanted to ask but being a socially awkward person, he couldn't.

Then one of the worst things that could possibly happen right at this moment had happened.