[ two ]

Jaebum's eye twitched at sudden outburst of cuteness that spilled from the younger's mouth.

He was cute. Well all hybrids he's seen were, but never had he actually conversed with one in person. There was a slight pause before Jaebum spoke."Youngjae right? I'm Jaebum, Jinyoung's friend. Nice to meet you," He said politely, bowing a little as he did so.

Youngjae on the other hand was blushing madly. He'd always been scared of strangers, that's why he didn't like it when this 'Jaebum' person came over. But for some reason now that he's finally seen him properly with his own two eyes, in broad daylight with a clear mind, he feels shocked really.

...He seems like quite the intimidating person and it was making Youngjae even more nervous.

Youngjae almost choked on his words, "Nice t-to meet you too Jaebum-hyung.."

Jinyoung looked at Youngjae with a confused face, the younger had never really acted like this before. Sure it might just be his shyness but something else was there and it was making Jinyoung curious.

Jinyoung cleared his throat, interrupting the awkwardness of the situation. "Um, well I have a flight to catch soon, so you know, it'd be nice if you could drop me to the airport now-" He trailed off, glancing at Jaebum.

Jaebum blinked, "Oh right. Yeah, okay let's just go now then." He nodded, walking over to the kitchen counter to grab his keys.

Jinyoung looked over at Youngjae, a small smile on his lips. "Youngjae ah, you're coming right?" He asked. The younger boy nodded quickly, tail wagging eagerly as he looked up at Jinyoung. Who simply grinned and ruffled the younger's hair.

Jaebum twirled his keys in his hand, stepping outside the apartment, and locking the door while Jinyoung went to retrieve his bags from his own place. Youngjae offered to go help but Jinyoung politely declined, leaving the hybrid and Jaebum standing awkwardly outside his door.

Jaebum noticed how Youngjae's ears seemed to be droopy, and he would've just blamed it on Jinyoung's absence but the puppy seemed to be avoiding Jaebum's gaze. His tail wasn't wagging like it was a minute ago and his cheeks seemed to be flushed pink again. Jaebum inwardly sighed at that, hoping that he wouldn't be like this all the time.

Just then, Jinyoung stepped out of his door, trailed behind his two bags, also carrying another on his back. "Okay I'm good guys, let's go." He smiled, turning himself to lock his own apartment door, shoving the keys in his pocket.

Jaebum nodded and Youngjae happily trailed behind Jinyoung, keeping a safe distance away from Jaebum.

-

The drive wasn't too long, and the three made it to the airport in only a matter of time.

Jinyoung was just about to go into his flight terminal, all bundled up in his coat with a small travel bag in tow. He was currently trying to cheer up a very upset Youngjae who seemed to be a crying mess.

"H-hyung! Why did you have to l-leave me here I don't want you t-to leave—" He choked between broken sobs.

Jaebum watched the whole scene with a heavy heart.

Jinyoung wiped the tears from Youngjae's eyes, giving him a soft, reassuring smile. "Youngjae ah, it'll be alright. I'll still come and make sure to visit you guys! Heck I'll even call when I have time. I'm sure Jaebum hyung will take good care of you, be a good boy okay?" He said with a gentle voice, softly stroking the younger's hair.

Youngjae sniffled and nodded, looking into Jinyoung's eyes. "I'm gonna miss you a-a lot hyung. I hope you have a g-good time at home.." He croaked out, forcing a small smile.