[ three ]

When Youngjae heard the sound of Jaebum's laughter, the boy was embarrassed beyond belief.

It actually took a while for Jaebum's laughs to die down and for him to actually help Youngjae out. The smaller boy was finally was shown the bathroom. He was finally able to shut himself in there for a while, as Jaebum went back to preparing his dinner.

Once Youngjae finished up his business in the toilet, he went up to the sink to wash his hands, going painfully slow. He squirted out the vanilla scented soap, lathering it onto his pale, slightly chubby hands and rinsing them gently. The boy then wiped his hands on the towel hung next to him, and gazed back at his reflection in the mirror.

Warm brown eyes, light brown hair, fair skin.

He could almost play it as an ordinary human if it wasn't for the floppy brown ears adorning his head, currently fixed into a neutral position. And for the long, fluffy tail trailing behind him, matching in colour. A deep chocolate brown, much like his bright eyes.

"Youngjae?" He heard a voice call out.

Jaebum.

Youngjae huffed out a sigh, double checking to make sure his hands were dry, before leaving the bathroom and slowly trudging back towards the kitchen area.

Now it wasn't that he hated Jaebum. He was just scared.

Of course Jinyoung-hyung would never leave him with anyone potentially dangerous to Youngjae, but the vibe the older male gave off didn't please him at all. He looked unhappy, tired and just plain bored.

If he stopped being so intimidating and scary, Youngjae might just like him more.

As he made his way back to the kitchen, he took a good look around the place, admiring the apartment space. Now Youngjae had come to realise that the layout was very similar to Jinyoung's, only with a few differences here and there. One of the biggest ones being the decor. Jaebum seemed to go for a more minimalistic look, while Jinyoung's looked more like a family home. Filled with bright colour and print, the complete opposite of what Jaebum preferred.

He really did miss Jinyoung but hey, maybe some things were for the better.

As Youngjae padded into the living room, opposite the kitchen, he was greeted with the mouth watering smell of one of his favourite curries that Jinyoung always used to cook for him. It made him nostalgic, but it also made his stomach growl and he was darting towards the kitchen bench top in seconds.

"Here," Jaebum simply says, pushing the bowl across the table to Youngjae.

Youngjae immediately gets that same feeling again, nervously bringing the bowl a little bit closer and picking up his spoon. The boy went for a bite, savouring the taste of the food in his mouth.

Jaebum was about to turn and get out his own food, but stopped midway, sparing a glance at Youngjae who was happily digging into his food. Completely ignoring everything else around him.

It almost made Jaebum want to smile but he forced the grin away, clearing this throat softly before speaking, "Do you want some water?"

Youngjae looks up at him with a mouthful, his cheeks puffed up due to the rice shoved in his mouth. His eyes wide and curious. The boy nodded furiously, attempting to gulp down what food he was chewing.

Jaebum did smile a little, before retreating to his cabinets to get out a glass. Filling it with water and handing it to Youngjae. "Tahngk yu!" He says, food still in his mouth, making his words stupidly unclear.

Jaebum could only chuckle in amusement, before turning to finally get out his own food.

-

It was getting late.