[ nine ]

Jaebum did not expect to be woken by the ever so familiar sound of his ringtone. He groaned and rolled onto his side, eyes barely open as he attempted to reach for the device.

Squinting at the bright screen, his eyes found green and his finger swiped over the colour, answering.

"Hello?"

The voice on the other side made Jaebum sigh.

"Yo Jaebum!"

"Mark?" Jaebum asked, rubbing his eyes.

"I think you're gonna have to come to work today. Boss said something about you having enough of a break. And besides, those kids from that local school are coming today. We got some volunteer to keep them intact but you've gotta come and save my ass with these books JB, or I'm not gonna be saving yours." Mark pleaded over the phone, and Jaebum knew he really had no choice.

Jaebum sighed deeply.

"Do you mind if I bring a certain someone along too?"

Mark laughed softly, "'Course not."

"See you soon then," Jaebum muttered, ending the call and rolling back onto his stomach, groaning softly.

-

Eventually Jaebum managed to wake up a sleepy Youngjae, preparing the two of them a quick breakfast while Youngjae was busy taking his bath. And man, did the little puppy boy take his time there.

Jaebum swore that if he wasn't there to forcefully convince Youngjae to get out, the poor floppy eared hybrid would've drowned in Jaebum's own bathtub.

Jaebum had just finished up plating the poached eggs on toast, and quickly made his way to the bathroom. He cleared his throat and paused for a brief second, giving the door a few knocks.

"Youngjae?"

He heard some sort of thud come from inside the room, making him raise a brow.

"Oh! Y-yeah hyung?" Youngjae's voice was unusually high pitched.

"Ah, breakfast's ready so hurry up, I made eggs. And also, are you okay in there..?" Jaebum questioned, fingertips ghosting over the doorknob just in case Youngjae actually did manage to drown himself in the fairly tiny bathtub.

"Oh! Yep, everything's great hyung, I'll be out in a minute." He heard a slightly shaky voice reply from behind the door.

Jaebum, still feeling skeptical, questioned the boy further,"You sure about that?"

"100 percent!!" Youngjae exclaimed, before Jaebum heard another splash.

Jaebum muttered an "alright" and turned around to leave to the kitchen.

-

Turns out Youngjae is just a big klutz when it comes to, almost everything.

Jaebum would say everything but he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings here.

And so here were are, as a nervous Youngjae quickly eats his breakfast in the kitchen and Jaebum on the other hand, is cleaning up the soapy, bubbly, wet mess in the bathroom.