I Don't Care

••• Talyea's Point of View •••

"Andy, where are we going?!" I laughed, Andy carrying me on his back.

"It's a surprise!"

"I'm not a big fan of surprises!"

"Then you'll just have to live with it!" He shrugged. "Are your eyes closed?"

"Yes, Andrew, they're closed. They've been closed since the second pair of lights."

Andy laughed and stopped, putting me down. "Good, don't open them until I say, ok?"

"Ok!" I whined.

Andy and I left for our 'date' just as the guys came back from the arena. Scotty didn't really care but Kyle was reluctant at first, but Scotty got him to calm down. That was twenty after seven, the date was supposed to start at seven, its quarter to eight and we're still not there yet.

Dammit.

I heard a pair of keys jingle and doors sliding open, then Andy pook me up bridal style.

"You can open your eyes now." He said.

I opened my eyes, raising an eyebrow. "Ikea?"

"You sound enthused." He chuckled.

"Where is everyone?"

"At home, they closed a little early today." He said, putting me down on a kitchen display counter.

"Are we even allowed to be in here?"

"My uncle is the manager of this specific Ikea. You know, you ask a lot of questions, Talyea." He smiled, leaning in to kiss me.

"Ok then, Mr. My-uncle-is-the-manager, are we going to eat or does plastic food suffice?" I chuckled, grabbing a fake, Granny Smith apple and tossing it into the air a few times.

"Wait and see." He smiled. "C'mon."

He took my hand and helped me off the counter, then carrying me bridal style to another kitchen display.

Andy sat down at the table and pulled out his phone, texting Kyle to stop texting him every five seconds.

He put his phone down and I looked at him, myself leaning against the counter for support.

Looked over at the sink, hobbling over and turning in the taps.

"Hmmph."

"What?" Andy said, turning around and looking at me.

"The water doesn't seem to be working." I said, Andy grinning widely as he stood up and joined my side, turning the taps.

"Hmm, I guess I'll have to fix it when I get back from work."

"But you have to eat first!" I stated, making my way to stove that had a skillet on it, grabbing the handle and moving it in a motion as if I were flipping pancakes.

He sniffed the air and smiled. "Smells good, my love."

I smiled back. "Sit down in the living room, I'll bring your food to you." Andy smiled and walked through the display doorway, and flopping onto the sofa and grabbed the tv remote, which surprisingly did turn on, just with subtitles.

I hopped, wobbled and hobbled over to Andy, my arms locking around his shoulders as he turned his head.

"Where my food?"

"I burnt it; here's a substitute." I smiled, kissing him.

Ok, here we are. A twenty-three year old and a twenty four year old, sitting on a nice, comfy ass sofa in Ikea, alone, for a date. I don't have any idea why, but I found it a little bit hilarious.