Chapter 5

Marinette watched in shock as Simulacrum picked Viper up and furiously threw him across the room. The villain cried out for mercy but Simulacrum didn't give up. Continuously, he would slam the man against the wall. Marinette quickly got to her feet to intervene. At this rate, Simulacrum would surely kill the innocent person that was akumatized.

"Stop!" Marinette yelled, stepping in front of the injured and weak Viper. "You're going to kill him!"

"So?" Simulacrum yelled, his voice distant and cold. "He was going to kill you!"

"It's not his fault!" Marinette panted.

Simulacrum growled and turned his back to Marinette. He grabbed his head in pain as a purple butterfly outline appeared over his face.

"Your losing sight of your objective," Hawkmoth said inside his head. "I want Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculous!"

"Why'd you save me?" Marinette asked Simulacrum.

He turned his head, a new crack forming on his porcelain mask. His face was void of emotion as he whispered, "Because I'm weak."

Simulacrum ran past Marinette and out of the school. Alya had watched in complete disbelief.

"W-Was that Adrien?" Alya stuttered.

Marinette nodded slowly. "Yes. And he needs help."

Alya walked up to Marinette and comfortingly wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "I'm sorry, girl. Ladybug will help him."

Marinette nodded reassuringly. Hopefully she could help him. Then, she remembered. There was still a villain to be dealt with.

Marinette quickly looked up, only to find Viper gone. A horrible feeling grew in the pit of her stomach. The villain that knew her secret. He was on the loose.

*

Marinette returned home and, immediately, her parents started asking if she was okay. Word had gotten out that Marinette was attacked by an akumatized villain.

"Yes, I'm fine," Marinette said quickly, brushing off her parents' remarks. She quickly made up an excuse so she could leave as Ladybug. "I'm gonna go sleep. I'm so tired."

Sabine nodded. "Alright dear."

Marinette smiled before running up to her room. She closed her door and leaned up against it. Plagg and Tikki bursted out of her purse.

"Are you crazy? Simulacrum could've killed you," Plagg complained.

"But he didn't. He saved me," Marinette argued. "There still must be some good left in him."

"Not to mention, Viper is still on the loose!" Tikki exclaimed frantically. "We need to find him first."

"No! We need to find Adrien. He hasn't completely succumbed to the akuma yet. If we wait too long our chances of saving him will decrease," Plagg replied.

"Why would it be harder to save him the longer we wait? Isn't he just like any other villain?" Marinette asked.

Tikki sighed. "He's the chosen one, that's why. I guess we can try Plagg's idea first, but if Marinette gets hurt by Viper before then, it's your fault Plagg."

"Fine," Plagg smirked. He faced Marinette. "Okay, first step, transform."

"Oh, really? I had no idea," she replied sarcastically.

"Hey, the only one who should be showing sass is me," Plagg hissed, pointing at himself.

Marinette laughed. "Okay, okay. Tikki, spots on!"

She immediately transformed into Ladybug and waited for Plagg's next set of instructions.

"Now, if I were a depressed Adrien," Plagg mumbled. "I'd be at my favorite place."

Ladybug gasped. "The park!?" she exclaimed.

"...yes," Plagg replied in shock. "How did you know that?"

"Pfft, I have his entire weekly schedule posted in my bedroom. It'd be a sin if I didn't know his favorite place he goes to when he's sad," Ladybug said with a wink.

Plagg blinked a few times. "Oooookayyyy," he said slowly. "I'm just gonna brush off the fact that you are possibly the biggest Adrien Agreste stalker ever."

"Hey! I prefer dedicated fan."

"Whatever," Plagg said, rolling his eyes. "Let's just go to the park. Chances are he's there."

Ladybug climbed out the bedroom window and flung her yoyo in the air, soaring away.