Part 2: Dream (T)

(Present)

Bruce Wayne made a sober and grateful acceptance speech, dedicating his efforts to the people and the future of Gotham. Not long after, the party was over, a hand full of guests still lingering around, but the young couple ditched Alfred to see off the remaining people and themselves went back up to celebrate in private. The champagne wasn't the first culprit to their tripping over each other, so lustful were they in their almost second year of marriage. 

They kissed all the way up the stairs, and at the top Selina pushed him to the wall and kissed him harder. Bruce grabbed her sides as he returned her kisses, but she quickly pulled his hands off and hastily removed his tie and jacket. She began to undo his shirt and he grabbed her thighs and lifted her up in the air, and Selina instinctively locked her legs around his waist. His mouth never left hers as he walked into their room and kicked the door shut behind him.

In the room, he put her on the floor and spun her around, her back flush with his chest as he kissed her neck, all the while they rid each other of their clothes. Bruce turned her forward again and kissed her hard, almost bruising her lips, then moved to her jawline as he backed towards the bed. His wife shoved him on the bed and crawled onto him, her lips crashed down on his while her hands traveled over his chiseled body, caressing the scars and bruises.

Her arms snaked around his neck and fingers locked in his hair, and she tugged him up as she straddled him, her lips never letting go of his. She raked her nails down his back, leaving scars he gladly accepted, as voiced by the guttural moan that came up his throat and went down into hers. As if reading her thoughts, Bruce grinned and flipped her over, her body pinned beneath his.

His hands parted her thighs, strong but gentle, his perfect body gleaming in the moonlight as if he were carved from marble. He guided her body to reactions, like a well timed waltz, her hips rocked in sync with his to the music of their moans and name calling. An electric storm built inside her, muscles tightened in her belly. The storm washed over her whole body as the thunder escaped from her lips.

Selina went to sleep on her husband as a pillow, but woke up alone when the noisy streets below invaded her slumber. She found herself in a strange room, and quickly ran outside to escape from her strangling captivity. The open air on the familiar rooftop was very welcoming, calming her nerves. She made to walk to the edge, to look over the godforsaken city she called home, but stopped when she realized someone standing there already. He was wearing his monkey suit as opposed to his bat suit, and leaning much too over the edge for her liking.

"Careful, you might fall in." She said announcing herself as she walked closer to Bruce, her hands wrapped around her arms.

He flashed a quick smile at her over his shoulder and returned his stance, not looking at her when she stood next to him

"This place can seem bad when you first look at it, but you really have to weed up the few good things about it to behold its beauty."

Leave it to Bruce Wayne to use complicated sentences to say the simplest things.

Bruce turned to her and cupped her face with one hand, smiling at her. He seemed blissfully ignorant when a ski masked figure joined them. Worry paralyzed her, but Bruce stood there unaware.

"You left us be beat up by the Batman!" the criminal accused her, and she wanted to shake her head and protest his claim, but she couldn't move.

"You gon' get what you deserve!" He shaded and ran towards them, and Selina could only watch as the man pushed her husband over the roof.

Luckily, she didn't have to watch it end as she woke up in her bed with a quick and breathless 'no.'

"You're finally awake."

Selina turned her head to see Bruce, head propped up on a hand as he smiled and leaned over to steal a kiss.

She rested her hand on his heart, thankful for the light humdrum she felt.

"You're still here," she whispered.

Bruce looked at her with knotted brows and swept a hand over her head as he pulled her into him, protective and reassuring.

"Of course I'm here." He kissed her head, "I'm not going anywhere. Nobody's going anywhere, I promise."

She chuckled against him and he pulled away to look at her.

"What's so funny?" he couldn't help but laugh with her.

"You being the optimistic one," she made note.

"Me and you. Us. Is one of the few things I've got to be optimistic about."

"And maybe even more, us?" Selina teased, guiding his hand to rest a little below her stomach.

Bruce laughed and kissed her, rolling on top of her.

"The more the merrier, love!"