Part 10: Babies *subject warning

(Present)

Selina woke up with a smile. Both of them were lucky to have survived the night, but still she woke up with a blissful smile.

Last night...

Selina and Bruce had gone out for dinner, snuggling as they strolled down the sidewalk like a couple on their first date. As they walked and talked, Bruce looked over her to the car that seemed to be following them. He furrowed his eyes at it and she laughed as if the car was supposed to get intimidated. To her surprise, the vehicle actually drove off around the corner. Selina applauded his skill with a laughing kiss, which he had intended to take further had they not been interrupted.

"Kitty!" I high pitched cry came and the couple looked in the direction the car had gone.

Harley Quinn came flying at them with her arms out wild in front of her.

Selina pushed Bruce out of the way just a second before Harley grabbed her in a crushing hug. Bruce had no idea which emotion to settle on.

"Kitty! Oh kitty, my babies! My poor oh poor babies!"

Selina rolled her eyes at the drama and pushed Harley away gently.

"Okay calm down, breath. Tell kitty what happened."

''Mis-mistah J had a run somewhere, shh don't tell Batsy!"

Bruce raised a brow and took out his phone, leaving the girls to talk.

"And I accidentally accidented and puddin' got mad at meeee!"

"What'd you do wrong?" Bruce asked, for his own need.

Harley turned to him and flashed him a dry smile.

"D'ya mind handsome, we're having a girl talk here!" She pointed a red and blue pistol at him.

Selina quickly shoved her arm down and pinned Harley to the wall.

"My husband, Harl!?" She nodded a threatening glare.

"Then tell'im to STAY OUTTA THIS!" Harley directed her reply to Bruce.

Selina threw her head back and sighed.

"Honey could you bring the car around?"

Bruce again raised a brow but conceded when she added a please.

"What do you need me for in all this?"

"Well, you're the local pet police around here. I thought you can help me."

Selina groaned. "With WHAT Harl?"

"My babies! My poor darlin's" Harley started to cry again.

"Puddin' took'em away as punishment and I can't find them. You'll help me, won't you kitty?"

"Fine, but you gotta stay out of my civilian life."

"Deal!" Harley sniffled and perked up.

"Kay, go to my place in old town. ALONE. No driver, wait for me there."

Bruce had rolled up with the car, lowering the window to catch her attention.

"Sorry handsome! Pretty kitty's all mine tonight." Harley winked and blew a kiss before running back to her own car.

"No," said Bruce resoundingly as soon as Selina closed the door.

"Would you let me settle? Yeesh!"

"Why can't any of my friends get along with you?" She asked as she put on her belt.

"Because they're predator and I'm prey." Billionaires were quite the target in Gotham.