Part 13: Kittens and Bunnies

(Past)

14 year old Selina Kyle was siting in a cardboard box, snuggling with a newborn litter of kittens. Some of them slept with their mother, but others would cry if they weren't with Selina. She appropriately named all 6 of the kittens with cat names: Bast, Isis, Mau, Marie, Nyx, and Toulouse. The mama cat was obviously Duchess.

The kittens became hungry and went to their mom, and Selina went for a walk to give them privacy. As she strolled down the street behind some houses with her hands shoved in her pockets, someone ran fast into her. Both of them fell on the ground, Selina on the bottom. She looked to see a girl on top of her.

"Hey! Be careful!" Selina shouted in a whisper as they both got up.

"Sorry, wasn't looking." The girl said quickly, looking behind her.

Selina followed her gaze, "Are you running from someone?"

"No!" the girl shouted defensively.

Selina shoved her hands back into her pockets and shrugged. ''Suit yourself," she said and turned to leave.

"Wait! I - I don't have any place to go."

Selina stopped but didn't turn back, only motioning for the girl to catch up.

"Selina," she introduced, but kept her hands in her pockets.

"S-Sylvia." the new girl said, tightly grasping the strap of her bag.

"Where are you going?''

"Well tonight I gotta go home. Tomorrow, I don't know."

"Can I come with?"

"Well duh, where do you think I'm taking you now! But you gotta stay hidden and do as I say. Don't want Brian to catch us!"

"Who's Brian?"

"My mother's husband... also my dad."

"Where's your mom?"

"Don't know."

"Oh, sorry."

"Yeah, me too."

They walked in silence till they reached what turned out to be Selina's house. Selina crept around the house, leading Sylvia to the window of her room. The window pane was locked and Selina smirked at her new friend's disappointment. She took out a switchblade from her pocket and held the tip of the blade to a spot on the glass. Then, she smacked the blade handle with the side of her other hand, and Sylvia covered her ears and closed her eyes. When she didn't hear the shattering, Sylvia looked vp to find Selina laughing ot her. Then she watched in awe as Selina tapped out a rough circle into the glass. Selina put her hand through and swung the lock the other way, and lifted the pane open.

"After you," she said after brushing away the shards with her sleeve.

Sylvia looked wide eyed at Selina, but with a nudge, she tossed in her bag and climbed in ahead of Selina.

She quickly helped herself onto the bed and sat cross legged as if she owned it.

'Nice room," Sylvia said, and Selina scoffed.

"You're kidding, right ?!''

"What? It's a nice room! In my house we have to share two rooms between us 9 siblings."