2//Gossip girl

Chapter 2

I asked the taxi driver where the best place to get a croissant is at and he dropped me off in Brooklyn. I don't know where to go from here but I keep walking. I read the building's names and I don't find any shops that sell food or even a bottle of water. I can't believe I tipped that guy, what a waste of five bucks.

I see a girl and a guy walking my direction, maybe they know. Although they could just ignore me and not help, not all people are courteous.

"Hi, excuse me" I say with a kind smile and the girl smiles. I guess it was worth a try.

"Hey" The blonde girl smiles, her blue eyes light up as well.

"Hi, " The taller brown hair guy says

"I was wondering if you could possibly tell me where Jed's bakery is, the taxi driver just left me on the side of the road." I explain

"Jed's? I don't think you'll like that bakery" The girl says, a hint of disgust in her voice.

"We can show you to the best bakery in the world, well, in the city of Brooklyn that is" The guy says with a slight smile.

"Yeah, just come with us. We were actually on our way there" The girl smiles

"Okay, thanks" I say and walk beside them.

"I'm Jenny" The girl says with a smile

"And I'm Dan" The guy says with a kind smile

"Lena" I smile and shake both of their hands.

"So, are you new here?" Dan asks after we have introduced ourselves.

"Yeah, I just moved here to be with my mom for a while" I answer

"Where did you move from?" Jenny asks

"San Diego, California." I answer

"California. Wow. What's it like?" Jenny asks with interest and curiosity.

"It's all right. It's a bit overpopulated but I do miss my house. " I say.

"I heard it's nice to live near the beach" Dan says

"It is" I say. I begin to reminisce my times where I would just sit on the beach and watch the waves or go catch some waves with dad before he became caught up with work.

"Hey, we're here" Jenny says and opens a door to a building.

Jenny walks in and Dan holds the door open for me to walk in. I thank him and walk inside, I smell the aroma of sweet pastries. My stomach growls and I immediately walk up to the cashier.

"A croissant with a medium white chocolate mocha frappe and add a banana bread, please." I order looking from the menu above then the pastries next to the cashier. I reach into my coat pocket and feel nothing, I reach into my other pockets and nothing is in them. I don't necessarily carry a wallet just loose change but I have seemed to run out. I spent the last of my remaining cash for my cab ride here "I forgot my wallet at my hotel and if you could just give me my order and I can get my wallet then come back" I smile sweetly at the cashier.

"I can't do that ma'am" The cashier says with a plain expression. It was worth a try.

"Here and add a coffee" Dan says handing the cashier a twenty dollar bill

"Two coffee's" Jenny chimed in with a smile

"Here's your change, have a wonderful night" The cashier says handing Dan his change, still with no expression whatsoever.

"Dan. I'm sorry, I'll totally pay you back, I promise." I say feeling guilty that Dan paid for my order especially since I ordered more than one item and the fact that I hardly know the guy.