6//Liar, Liar

Chapter 6

I look at Logan in confusion. His blue eyes look into mine as I look back into his. "I'm sorry?" I ask.

"What lies did Jace tell you? He must've said something sentimental to get off the hook." Logan says with a look of annoyance.

"And this concerns you why?" I ask. I cross my arms in front of my chest and stare at him.

"It doesn't." He responds plainly.

"If you're concerned then it should be about Jace not me. He's your friend remember?" I say but he ignores what I have said.

"Whatever he said to you he's lying. It's what he does. He's manipulative and gets what he wants." He says.

"Why do you care?" I ask.

"I never said I'm concerned about you. Jace is not a good person. He does bad things and I have to settle with the consequences, I'm tired of living behind his shadow." Logan explains.

I thought he was concerned for me but that's a joke. Logan wouldn't care about me or anyone else from what I've heard.

"Then don't. Leave me out of this. I don't care." I say unconcerned. I turn away and walk back into the hotel but not back to the party.

Days later.

I stand at the end of the field as the rest of the girls run and try to snatch the ball from the opponents team. It's time to get physical, that's what the coach said.

I have never played this game in my life, I'm still not even sure what it is called. All I know is that I'm on the same team as Serena and I'm supposed to guard the goal from Blair's team.

I watch as Blair hits Serena's calf and makes her fall onto her knees then Blair purposely shoves Serena making the coach blow the whistle once again. Blair trips Serena and makes her fall onto the grass, coach blows the whistle again and they start over.

Serena tackles Blair and Blair fakes that her knee is hurt. I definitely know she's faking it, I've been there. She's not the first drama queen I've dealt with before.

"Serena you're out of here!" Coach shouts.

"She's faking" I shout and Blair turns around, she gives me a scowl.

"You're out of here too Collier." Coach shouts.

"I didn't do anything" I say defending myself.

"Out!" He demands with a blow of his whistle.

"Fine. Screw this stupid game" I say and take off the guard pads.

I put the helmet on the floor and walk away.

At lunch time Dan and I united and began searching for a table to sit at.

"How was P.E?" Dan asks and pops a grape into his mouth shortly after.

"Well. I went into the locker room and changed, I got onto the field then coach shouted at me multiple times, I got kicked out of P.E and I left" I answer with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Intense. Why did you get kicked out for?" He chuckles and drapes his arm over my shoulder

"For defending Serena" I answer. His expression changes after I mentioned Serena's name. "So how's Jenny today" I ask. I change the subject for Dan's sake.

Dan and I find and empty table outside and sit down across from each other.

"She's fine, actually. Thanks for checking up on her" He answers with a small smile.