20//The Conspicuous Scandal

Chapter 19

I walk into a drug store to purchase a snack as I skipped breakfast, wishing I hadn't. I took a walk today and I'm going to ruin the perfect exercise when I purchase junk food.

I grab a green tea from the fridge and a cinnamon roll off a shelf. I couldn't resist to add a chocolate bar into the basket. As I walk to the cash register, I see Serena in an aisle.I walk to her and tap her shoulder.

"Hey. Whoa..." I say and my eyes widen as I see a pregnancy test box in her hands.

"It's definitely not what you think." She explains and holds her hands up in defense.

"Are you sure because it looks like what I think" I say as I stare at her.

"It's for Blair but don't say anything." She blurts out and looks at me with regret.

"What? With Nate? What?" I question
"Actually, Lena. Not Nate..." She began to explain.

"Chuck" I say and her eyes widen. "I knew it!"

"Lena, please don't tell anyone. I promise Blair I'd help and not make the situation worst." Serena begs.

"Nate's my friend. How could she be so naive and stupid?" I ask getting upset.

"I don't know but she asked me to help her. So here I am" Serena says.

"I won't tell this to a soul only because I try not to gossip like the average upper east sider" I say and Serena hugs me.

"Thank you" She says.

"You're welcome. To help, in experience from working at a pharmacy in San Diego and learning from customers I wouldn't purchase this brand." I say and grab the pregnancy out from Serena's hand. "You won't believe how many women walk into a pharmacy for a pregnancy test in a week" I add.

I place the box on the shelf and grab a better brand. I hand it to Serena and she thanks me.
We walk to the cash register and the cashier begins to ring us up.

"So how are you and Logan?" Serena asks with a smirk.

"Wouldn't you like to know" I say "We're good for once." I add

"I'm glad. How good of a kisser is he?" She asks

"Serena" I say in embarrassment and feel my cheeks heat up.

"Aw, L. You're blushing" She chuckles.

"He's a grade A kisser if you must know" I mutter and she laughs.

After Serena and I went to go get Eric then the three of us started walking to school. I began eating the cinnamon roll I purchased, it's not bad but I couldn't continue eating as Eric shoots me a judging look.

"Are those cravings getting to you?" Eric asks with his eyebrows raised. Serena and I exchange then look at Eric confused.

"What?" I ask

"Come on, the least you two could do is tell me" Eric huffs.

"What are you talking about?" I ask

"Tell you what?" Serena asks

"You two haven't been on Gossip Girl, have you?" He asks and sighs. Serena and I shake our heads in response. "Well.." he began to say as he took out our phone and handed me it.

'Gossip Girl: Lena Collier spotted at a drugstore with Serena van der Woodsen. Seems to me Lena's been a bit careless she has been looking at bit round lately or maybe it's just those lattes. She has S to help her around, we all know she's been there before. We're all curious to find out who Lena's baby daddy is. Could it be Nate the charming best friend, Logan the mysterious lover, or Lonely boy the consolation guy."