15//Nostalgia

Chapter 15

Thanksgiving wasn't at all thankful yet alone giving. Piper and dad are staying in a room on the fifth floor. Mom wasn't aware of dad's surprise either, she didn't know he would bring Piper along. She didn't even know they were dating, she was just as shock as me. I didn't talk to him last night after the Devenport's left, I used the excuse that I was tired and I hid in my room. I couldn't sleep last night due to an unexpected visitor and also because Logan kept popping into my mind.

Mom and I are having a protein shake this morning, banana and peanut butter for her and a berry blend of soy for me. I changed right away when I woke up just in case I needed to escape the hotel. My unwashed hair is in a ponytail and I'm all warmed up in my soft sweater shirt along with jeans and boots.

"I've noticed you and Logan have become closer" Mom says as she raises an eyebrow at me.

"If you're referring to the close proximity between us it was because the only available seats were the ones we sat in" I say and she gives me an eye roll.

"You're just like your father" She says.

"I find that insulting" I say and she gives me a look.

The front door opens and dad walks in.

"Speak of the devil" I mutter and mom gives me a warning look. "How did he get the key" I ask

"I gave him the copy" She answers.

"Morning" Dad says as he walks into the kitchen.

"I like how you didn't add good into that greeting" I snicker and mom gives me another look.

"You're upset" Dad states.

"Upset doesn't begin to describe how I feel" I tell him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Let's go for a walk" He says

"Are you sure you don't want to go with Piper instead?" I challenged him. I hop off the island stool and head for the door.

"I leave her with you for a couple of months and she turns into you" Dad says to mom and sighs.

"She's always had a little of me in here." Mom smirks.

I put on my coat then dad and I walk out. I walk in the front and keep a distance from dad until we exit the hotel. He catches up with me and stays at my pace. The cold frosty air sends chills all over my body but I love the cold.

"It's freezing" Dad complains. "Don't give me a sarcastic remark" He adds and I roll my eyes.

"I can't believe you brought her here, I can't believe your dating her. Out of all the women in San Diego and you choose the mother of my ex-boyfriend. Does Brandon even know?" I blurt out and let out my emotions.

"He does now, I'm not sure he approves but he knows and I didn't choose her, Lena. It's just something that happened and I couldn't control it. " He explains.

"You know she doesn't know what really happened and you know what will happen if she does. You're risking everything for her."

"I know, I know. I've thought about this, Lena. Liam did you a favor and nothing is going to happen to you."

"You're willing for Liam to go to prison for something I did? You're willing to let an innocent person spend years in prison for a crime they didn't commit?"

"Piper isn't going to press charges. She dropped them again. I convinced her that Brandon is at fault as well for being drunk and not choosing to wear a seatbelt. Nothing is going to happen." I feel relieved but I can't just let this go.