10//A Ghost from the Past

Chapter 10

Serena and I are taking a cab to school. We've just came out from visiting Eric at the Ostroff Center. We had breakfast and managed to play one of Eric's favorite game boards before we left.

"Lena! What is up with you? You've been quite mostly the whole morning. What happened yesterday?" Serena asks very inquisitively. I can't blame her, she's right.

I lift my head up from resting it on my hand and I turn to look at her. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"I sensed some tension between you and Logan before I left to go find Eric. Thank you for that by the way." She answers and raises her eyebrows at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I say and look out the window.

"Oh please. As if I haven't used that excuse before" She huffs

"It's not an excuse" I lie and look at her.

"Mhm sure." She says and raises her eyebrow at me. She stares at me timidly, I try to fight her back but I failed.

"Okay fine." I growl and she smirks.

"Well" She asks

"I kissed him" I mutter. I look at her and she stares at me quizzically.

"I'm sorry. Did you say you kissed Logan, Logan Devenport? The guy who doesn't do relationships and doesn't give a crap about anyone" She asks as she tries to conceal a smile.

"Yes." I answer and she looks at me wide eyed. "His ex found him and wouldn't leave him alone so I thought I'd do him a favor since he was being sincere to me early. So I pretended to be his girlfriend and I kissed him because she wouldn't stop staring." I explain.

"So why do you look so blue?" She asks.

"It was supposed to be a kiss but it ended up as a small make out session. It was longer than I intended it to be" I answer and sigh.

"So he kissed you back?" She asks and I nod my head in response. "Then what?" She asks

"I realized that the kiss escalated and stopped then we just looked into each others eyes. I felt awkward but it's not just thought I felt something else. When we were kissing I enjoyed it." I explain to her as I go back to the moment. "Then I just walked away"

"Lena I think you like him" Serena says and I give my attention to her. "You like him" She smirks.

"What. No. Absolutely not. No. He obviously doesn't even like me. When I brought up the kiss last night he told me great acting. It was just an act, Serena." I say and she furrows her eyebrows.

"I've known Logan for a long time now and he just doesn't kiss anyone. He's sort of insecure and when his feelings get in the way he's in full denial. Lena, I don't think he meant what he said." She tells me.

The cab stops and we get out of the cab. Serena links her arm with mine and we begin walking to school.

"I don't think he was lying he seemed serious when he said great acting so I played it cool and told him yeah you too. It's honestly just nothing, forget I told you" I tell Serena.

"You know I won't" She smirks and I roll my eyes. "Hey, Logan!" She shouts

"Serena!" I growl and Logan begins walking to us. He fixes his tie as he walks over to us, I've never noticed how fit and toned Logan is. He's more muscular than Jace, way more toned.

I hope I'm not staring. I quickly look away and catch the famous blue of eyes of an Archibald. A smile forms on my face and he smiles back, I haven't seen Nate in quite a while.