Chapter 4 (Short)

(Happy early Chapter)!

Sonic went to his bus and sat in the back where all the popular kids sat. He pulled out his phone as earbuds, deciding to ignore the world around him. He was far too mad to speak, so he listened to music.

He looked out the buses window, slouched down in the seat. He looked like a depressed kid straight out of a music video. His unusual aura seemed to set off a lot of the other students, who eventually leaved him alone.

The bus soon started to pull out of the school parking lot. Sonic looked out the window, and saw Amy in the car-rider line. He tried to look away from her, but he couldn't. The bus drove past her, and Sonic was relieved that she hadn't seen him. His expression now, resembled someone extremely annoyed. He just couldn't understand why she didn't like him.

"Her dumb excuses... they don't make any sense!" Sonic told himself, tapping his foot impatiently. Somehow, Sonic wound up taking a nap, and only woke up when a peer yanked his earbuds out of his ear. Sonic grumbled and shoved his way off the bus. He didn't bother waving goodbye to the bus, he was still in a bad mood.

Sonic couldn't believe it. Was this feeling really love? Love truly was terrible if it made him feel this way. Or was all this just because of Amy? She made him feel so high up in the clouds, but dropped him to the ground in a second.

"I've only known her for a day! This is worse than Romeo and Juliet!"

(They knew each other for four days and then killed themselves).

Sonic wanted her to like him. He wanted her to like him like the other girls did. She made him feel so insecure, what was wrong with him?

Love.

Sonic's cell phone rang and he reached in his left pocket to retrieve it. As he started to talk, he walked through his front door and up to his room.

"Hello?" Sonic asked.

"Hey, it's Tails, how's everything with Amy?"

"Work in progress... just like my life." Sonic sighed into the phone. "She'll come around, they always do, right?" Tails laughed in the phone. "Plus, if she doesn't you have a fanclub ready to fill any holes in your heart."

"Yeah, right." Sonic chuckled, trying to keep his chin up.

"Anyways, I called because I wanted to see if you wanted to be my partner for the project in Spanish?"

"Course, buddy." Sonic replied with a small laugh, "why wouldn't I?"

"Alright then, see ya, Sonic."

"See ya, Tails."

Sonic threw his bookbag on his bed and let out an exhausted sigh. He flopped himself on his bed, he flipped to his side and looked out his window. He heard a car drive by and stood up to see who it was.

"Maybe Knuckles is home now?"

Sonic nearly fell backwards when he saw who the car belonged to. He had to strain his eyes and get in the corner of the window to see, but he was certain that the car was Amy's. It was the exact same color as the car he saw her getting in earlier.

Sonic couldn't believe it. This must be a blessing from the heavens. Amy Rose lived just a block away from him. However, he came across a problem. How was he going to talk to her if they had just had a fight?

"I know! I'll give her some flowers and an apology note!" Sonic went to his desk and ripped out a sheet of paper from his notebook.

"Dear Amy,
I am so sorry for..."

Sonic thought for a second, "what am I sorry for?" He asked himself. "Hmm..."

"Dear Amy,
I am so sorry for making you uncomfortable and acting like a jerk. You are an incredible girl- no, woman. It would be a dream if you allowed me to at least court you for a week. Then we could discuss going further in our relationship."

Sonic looked over his note with pride. This was the most he had written on his own free will ever. On his way to Amy's house, he stole some flowers from his neighbors gardens. "They wouldn't mind." He convinced himself.

Sonic left the flowers and note on Amy's doorstep. He rang the doorbell and dashed off to hide in the safety of his own home.

"She has to forgive me. That was the most romantic thing ever done!" Sonic told himself. "This has to work, girls love this stuff! She'll be at my door in 10 minutes apologizing!"

Sadly, Sonic received no knocking on the door. He didn't see Amy leave her house, and he didn't see her read the note.
______________________
Sorry for the short chapter guys and gals! There wasn't much to write or expand on since Sonic wasn't at school or with Amy or his buddy's very often.

So... whatcha think? Is the story coming along well? I really really really hope it's not typical. Tell me what you all think in the comments and any suggestions you all might have for writing tips.

Love you guys!