Chapter 7

•Art•

Sonic was bored. He was really trying to listen and do his work, but it's hard when he just wanted to leave.

"Leave!" Sonic thought, an idea finally coming to his mind. "Excuse me, can I- uh- go to the bathroom?" Sonic asked, raising his hands. His teacher sighed, "is it an emergency?" She asked him. Sonic nodded, and bounced on his feet, making his knees come together. "Uh-yeah- I've gotta go- like now."

"Hurry up, then." The teacher waved him away. Sonic smiled and ran out of the class. He did end up going to bathroom, but he also took a break and just played on his phone for a little while. Then he heard some commotion on the other side of the wall. It was coming from the girls bathroom.

"You think you're so great, huh?" The voice sounded familiar, but it was distorted too much. "We aren't dat--- we're just frie---." This voice was so quiet Sonic could barely hear the words she was saying. "Oh, yeah! As if! Sonic would never love a pink brat like you!"

"Are they... talking to Amy?" Sonic walked out of the boys bathroom and reached for the handle to the girls bathroom. He only realized what he was doing when he creaked the door open. "I guess I'm finally about to find out what a girls bathroom looks like..."

Even though Sonic was in high school, he still imagined the bathroom to be bright pink and girly with photos of hot shirtless guys hanging on the walls. "They probably have bedazzled toilet paper holders." Sonic cringed, but he remembered that he had a girl to protect.

"Hey!" Sonic yelled, marching into the bathroom. He saw Amy cornered between a sink and a pale grey toilet stall. She wasn't crying, but she did look like she wasn't exactly happy.

"What's this?" Sonic growled, shooting daggers at the other girls, who were shocked to see Sonic. "W-We were just-"

"We were just keeping this brat away from you! It's so obvious you find her annoying!" A girl interrupted and basically flung herself at Sonic. He pushed her off him and gave Amy his hand. "Come on, let's go." Amy took his hand, and slowly followed him out of the bathroom.

Sonic growled angrily at the other girls before he left. "If I ever hear about you all being mean to Amy again then there will be trouble." He threatened, not particularly caring about their feelings.

Sonic returned to Amy, he wasn't exactly sure how to comfort a woman, especially a woman he liked. "Hey... uhm... are you okay?" He asked her. "Yeah... they were just being girls. I don't blame them for treating me like that. If I were them I would've too."

Sonic scratched his neck. "So you're not mad? You're not feeling any hatred for me?" Amy shook her head. "That's great, I was scared you'd think I was a bad guy or something."

"I suppose... You're not that bad." Amy giggled. "Thanks," she said, finally looking happier. "I've never really had someone stuck up for me." Amy's eyes were gentle and showed genuine gratitude. Her eyes combined with her light smile, it made Sonic speechless. His muzzle grew red, causing him to mentally panic. "Oh- yeah- it was no problem." He said, trying to sound like his normal self.

"Well, you should get back to class, right?" Amy asked him, rocking back and forth on her feet. "I mean...I could go back, but what fun would that be?" Sonic flirted, wrapping an arm around Amy's shoulders.

Amy only made a small noise, something Sonic hoped was a laugh. "Seriously though, you should really be getting back. Thanks a lot." Amy hesitated, waiting for Sonic to do or say something. Sonic, however, remained quiet.

The whole situation was rather awkward.

Sonic finally spoke, wanting to break the silence. "Are you busy tomorrow? I promise I'll go back to class if you go on a date with me. I'll pick you up, we can go to the movies-"

"I'd love to go, it'll give me a chance to get to know you more."

Sonic smiled and hugged Amy. "Alright then, see ya later." Sonic told her, then ran off back to his class.

•Spanish•

Sonic had one question on his mind. "Did Mina cause that fight?" Sonic doubted it, but he was still mad that the incident occurred. He had to know who started this.

Once he saw Mina walked in, he walked straight up to her. "Did you make those girls be mean to Amy?" Sonic growled at her. "What? N-No! I just... I told the club that you didn't need us anymore. They all took it hard and wanted to know why, so I told them you fell in love with someone. They must've guessed it was Amy." Mina explained, trying her best to not cry.

Sonic stepped away from Mina. "I'm sorry I suspected you. You're a good person. Please tell the others, or don't, that I did fall in love." He stated, knowing for certain that he loved Amy. "I'll protect her no matter who it is." Mina nodded, and she hurried off to her seat.

Sonic chatted with Tails about the incident when he arrived. "You went in the girls bathroom?" Tails said, completely shocked. "What was it like?"

"Gross, just like the men's bathroom. But that's not the point. I can't believe someone would be mean to Amy. I'm just glad it's over with." Sonic told Tails, who nodded in agreement.

"Alright class! ¡Secar la tarea!" The teacher yelled, signaling the starting of class.

______________________
We skipped 'leaving school', there wasn't anything important anyways, don't worry.

IM SO SORRY IVE TAKEN SO LONG TO UPDATE THIS!!

However, I have a good excuse!

I had a track meet and ran a mile in 8.36 minutes! Woot woot! I also did a 4x400 and a 500!

Homework and school hasn't been a problem yet, so I'll try to get this book finished before they do become a problem.