First Day of School

After I got out of my car I started walking up to the school. Ryan had his arm slung across my shoulders and the other guys were walking near us. There are rarely new kids where we live because all of the pack members usually were born and raised here never introduced to the outside world.

So, every once in a while I would get a glance my way and see the people whispering about me. I heard things such as, "Who's that girl? Do you think she has a boyfriend?" And, "She's so fine." I immediately thought to myself, 'they obviously have no idea who I am. Well let's introduce myself and see the surprise on their faces.'

I found a lunch table and backed some of my alpha power into my speech so everyone would listen. "Hey everyone it's me Rylen Nightshade. I'm back after what? 4 years? Well just wanted to let my pack remember my face. Cya later." I tried my absolute best to keep myself from laughing at their expressions.

After I got down Jason started started saying, "If you want I'll walk you to the office to get you-" "Woah woah woah, I think I can take it from here." Said a familiar blonde haired kid as he walked up. My eyes widened and I said, "Asher?!" "Howdy sweetheart. I can't believe how long it's been. Have to be honest, you have changed a lot."

He said this as he looked me up and down. I walked up to him, narrowed my eyes and said, "You son of a-" Jason pulled me away by looping his arm through mine. He started dragging me to the office before I could finish my sentence.

Once we reached the office I had calmed down a bit. I walked to the front desk with Jason by my side and asked, "Ma'am? I was wondering if I could have the forms my father said I needed to sign?" She looked up and said, "Why of course! Last name please?" "Nightshade." With that her eyes widened showing recognition.

"Nightshade? As in pack leader nightshade? I'll get your papers right away ma'am." She hurried off scrambling to get my papers. "Everyone still treats you like that huh?" Jason said jokingly. That is the most frustrating part of being the daughter of a pack alpha. Everyone thinks you demand respect no matter the situation.

When she got back with the papers I quickly scribbled down my signature because I wanted to be out of there as fast as possible. Once I was finished I handed the secretary my papers and walked out with Jason trailing behind me.

Once I finally reached my destination I spun around to face Jason saying, "Thank you for walking me to class. It was really thoughtful of you." He scratched the back of his head and said, "No problem, just don't mention it to anyone because I kinda of a girlfriend right now..."

I laughed as I saw him blush and questioned him, "How long you guys been dating?" "Well it's the longest relationship I've ever been in..." He said not answering my question. "You didn't answer the question." He fidgeted then quickly said, "Ok, ok it's only been a month." "Woah that's the longest you've ever been in a relationship. Wait a minute, how many girls have you dated since I've been gone." I say not sure if I really wanna know.

"Wellllllll..." He drug out then bolted saying, "Gotta get to class!" "YOU WILL ANSWER MY QUESTION JASON!" He yelled and sped up as he ran off.

The class hadn't started yet so the teacher wasn't in the room. I walked in and started gaging at the sight before me. Asher was sitting at the lab table in the back practically devouring his lab partner. I had a lot of eyes on me and quickly sat down at an empty table and murmured, "That's a very unbecoming site."

Next thing I know a very cute brunette guy wearing a letterman's jacket takes the seat next to me. "Is this seat taken sweetheart?" I bliss and say, "Well it depends on what the name of this guy sitting in the seat next to me is."

"Oh pardon my rude behavior, I am Bradley heir to the pack of royals." I was slightly taken aback. Well there goes that fantasy. I quickly smiled and said, "I'm Rylen heir to the Nightshade pack." His eyes widen and he immediately picks up his stuff and moves to a different table.