Chapter One

The second she walked into the living room a smile plastered on her face, I knew something was up. "New boyfriend?" I asked half joking and she frowned. "Violet we're moving to the city." She said so nonchalant. I thought she was kidding, but her smile was wide and real. I groaned. "Why?" Was all I could say. "Well, I got a promotion. Plus we could use change Vi." She said as if calling me Vi would make this better. "We need change? Right, we need change, because you know dad leaving was so foreseen." I said instantly regretting it. She stomped out and into the kitchen pouring wine into a glass. I walked out of the living room and up the stairs into my room. She left for work a bit afterwards so I snuck back downstairs because I was hungry. There was a note on the island. "We leave Monday, rather you want to or not. Love, mommy." I laughed a bit and proceeded to making a sandwich. I sat on the stool and pulled out my phone, checking if I had anything from anyone. Specifically anything from him. There was nothing though, except notifications of updates on stupid apps. So instead I decided to spend Saturday blasting music through the house, and packing for the big move. It was now around 7pm and she would be home any minute. I finished packing my books and some clothes. My closet was basically empty. Except for the shoes and clothes to last until we got there Monday. I pulled down all my posters and pictures, and emptied my drawers. I promised myself I'd burn all of our pictures but there was just one of us I couldn't bare to lose. We actually looked happy. He was holding me and we were both smiling wide, we looked invincible. Which we were for the longest time, but then around 9 months we began to fall apart. We began to see each other differently. We began to fight more and see each other less. He became someone he swore never to be, and I became who I knew I always was. We became strangers, again. Loving him was never enough. It was like losing everything at once, as if a tsunami had hit and knocked me out entirely. I had to start over, I had to make myself better. I had to change the way I saw myself. The way I was seen by others, and the way he saw me. Everything went from perfect to disastrous in a matter of no time. Everything went from recovery back to relapse. Everything went back to it was before him, and then some. He of course moved on like I was nothing. Which hurt and all, but I didn't need another boy to make me feel special. I put myself out there, I joined clubs I never thought of and made friends I never knew. That was all about to end too though, because I was about to become the new girl. Might as well make it official. The front door opened and my mom walked in. I smiled and hugged her. She hugged me back and I whispered "tomorrow I'm going to go shopping, new girl style." I said and she just sighed. "Don't go overboard." She said, but that was the point. I was going to go overboard. I was going to change entirely. I was going to get better.