Chapter Five

It was close to perfection. My palms stopped sweating but my heart never really stopped racing. He led me to one of his "secret hideouts." And told me stories about how him and his friends would come here when they had nothing better to do. He told his stories with passion in his eyes. Then once he finished he turned to me and said "Now, I'll have to make some stories with you." I felt my cheeks flush. I wanted to kiss him, but I held back. "How about you? Any stories?" He asked and I went blank. None of mine were as interesting as his. So I said nothing. Silence filled the air and I felt weird. He was probably bored with me already. Then I remembered one. I decided to tell him. "Well, when I was about 13, I was going through this stage. I had this friend who was very adventurous. I wanted to be like her for the longest time, because she caught everyone's attention. I was a goldfish and she was a princess. We went everywhere. We were always sneaking around. This went on until about last year, or two. We stopped talking and I stopped sneaking out. I became a shut in." I said and he just stood there looking at me. Why did I even tell him? It was stupid but he wouldn't stop looking at me and then he said "So Violet is actually a bad ass?" He said. "Totally." I said and he started walking away. I followed behind. We reached a creek. "Beautiful." I said. "I know." He said but he wasn't looking at the creek, he was looking at me. "I love nature." I said before things got awkward. "Oh really?" He said. "You see that tree over there?" I asked and he smirked. "I bet I can climb it." I said. "Well go ahead." He said. So I walked over there and began climbing, once I reached the top I screamed. I screamed as loud as I could and he screamed with me. It felt good, being able to scream about what had happened. Having him scream with me. "Are you going to come down?" He asked and I started climbing down. Until I reached a loose branch and fell out. Into his arms. "Aw monkey, can't get down?" He said and I just smacked his chest. "Thanks for catching me." I said and he said "my pleasure monkey." He put me down and we started walking out of the "secret hideout." Down the street even more. It was now 9:30 which didn't matter to me. Or him it seemed. "Ice cream?" He asked. "Um, sure." I said and he led towards an Oberweis. We split a banana split. "Alright monkey." He said and I sighed. "Is that my nickname now?" I asked and he said "yeah, and mine can be "sexy." Or something like that." I laughed, "how about faggot?" I said and he smirked. "Harsh." He faked being hurt. "I'm sorry love." I said and he smiled. "There you go. I like that." He said. We finished and he still wanted to walk around but my mom was probably freaking out. So we started walking back towards my house. "I had fun." I said when we reached the door. He opened it and we stepped in. I could hear our mom's laughing. "Well, I guess we could go back out." He said and I shook my head. "Let's play with Max." I said pointing to my chubby puppy on the couch. His face lit up, "PUPPY!!" He screamed and ran towards the couch. Max's tail wagged and Carter played with him. We took him into the backyard and he ran around. Carter sat down next to me on the porch. "I had fun too." He said. He was looking me right in the eyes and then his eyes moved to look at my lips. His were full and plump. Fully kissable. He leaned in but then the screen door opened. "Hey there." My mom said obviously tipsy. His mom was right behind her. "Ready to go?" Marilyn asked him. He sighed and stood up. He grabbed his mom's arm and walked her out. "Call me." He said. I nodded but then realized I didn't have his number. And he said "look on the kitchen table at your napkin." He said and so I brought Max inside once he left. There it was on the napkin. His number. I smiled and ran upstairs pulling out my phone dialing the number. He picked up on the third ring. "Tomorrow, 9:30am, breakfast." He said. "Alright." I said. "Dress comfy princess." He said. "What happened to monkey?" I asked jokingly. "I like princess better." He said. "So do I." I admitted. "goodnight princess." He said "goodnight love." I replied. He hung up. And I fell onto my bed.