Chapter Fourteen

I always knew things would turn out differently, I always knew I'd never be the pretty "popular" one. I'd never be the it girl. I found it too overrated. Too hard to keep up with. So many people want perfection, but why? Why fear oblivion if that's all that will be left of the earth. Everyone is forgotten. Even if it seems to take an eternity. Society changes daily, but people are so caught up in the future, that they actually forget to live. Sure, thinking of it is basically impossible, but stressing over it, is just not worth it. Spending my days with Carter made me realize that. We start school in a week. I'll be the new girl, and he'll be a senior. He'll move on and graduate, while I still have another year. He'll go to college, God knows where and do god knows what. But am I stressing? Absolutely fucking not, because I believe that we could last. I'm not going to say that nothing will come between us, because that's just bullshit lies, that fairy tales try to give off. For now though, Carter and I are just focusing on the days. As in we spend our days together, and apart. We have our separate groups. We have our separate interest. Unlike the fairytale bullshit, Carter and I are opposites, but we have common interest. We have similarities which interest us, and we have differences which we embrace. Mishel and Ryan may think Carter and I are attached at the hip, but honestly, we have distance. Which may sound bad, but if we were always in each other's faces, we'd just fight. We'd get bored, telling the same stories over and over. Which neither of us want. Right now, Carter's with his friends, I have no idea where. While, I'm at Mishel's, watching horrid movies with her and Liam. He text me asking if I was okay, I told him I was bored. He asked why and I explained what was happening. He said "Well, we could always hangout." But I told him "You need guy time, see ya tomorrow amor." And stopped texting back. My phone was promptly in the back pocket of my black worn out jeans. Mishel looked at me as I put it back and raised her eyebrow. "Pretty boy?" She asked and I nodded. "Of course, he just can't get enough of you." She mumbled almost in a cold manner. Liam just laughed it off and I smiled. "He must really love you." Liam said sweetly, and I smiled at the thought of Carter, actually being in love with me. We've been together about a month or so. "So, excited for school next week?" Mishel asked and Liam nodded his head. I shrugged. "Once again, you'll be newbie." Liam said and I laughed a bit. "One difference, this time she's actually with Carter." Mishel said with a wink. "How are you guys?" Liam asked curiously. "I don't know, I think we're still in the honeymoon stage." I said and Mishel laughed as if it was amusing. "You mean, you haven't?" She asked and I knew what she meant. I shook my head, not that it was really her business. "Oh wow." She said now shocked. Liam slapped her shoulder. "Um, I should go." I said inching towards the door, a girl on the TV screamed. Mishel ran to the door and blocked it. "No. Please. I'm sorry." She said and I just looked at her. "Stay, Vi." Liam said patting the spot next to him on the couch. He shot Mishel a glare. "Play nice." He said to her and I wondered why Mishel was acting like this now. Liam just gave me a reassuring smile. I pulled out my phone. Then put it back just as fast. I couldn't burden him. He needs time with his friends too. I wondered if he was thinking about me, like I was him. If him and his friends were talking about me. Another scream came from the TV, this time a guy died. I snickered and Liam laughed. "That's fucked up." He said and I just smiled. "Hush, it's a movie." I said and noticed Mishel glaring at me, I began to feel uncomfortable. "Well, Vi. You have a dark sense of humor." She commented. "Yeah." Is all I said, keeping my focus on the movie. "Just like your boyfriend." She sneered. I really wanted to know why she was acting so cold right now. "She's probably on her period." Liam whispered. I smacked his arm. "Well, Mishel, what's up?" I asked and she just rolled her eyes. "It's not fair, that you got him." She said. I frowned. "How?" I asked and she just scoffed. "I wanted him." She admitted and Liam put his hand over his mouth in shock. Even I gasped. "Why didn't it bother you before, why are you speaking up now?" I asked and she glared coldly. "I didn't think it'd last." Her honesty hurt. I stood up and walked out. Not looking back, I pulled out my phone and called Carter. He picked up on the third ring, and told him everything. I could hear him sigh. "Wait where you are, Vi." He said and hung up. I began to cry a bit. Hurt by what she said. Then Mishel walked out, in a different outfit. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "So I see you've met, Ava." She said and hugged me. "Who?" I asked. "My twin, she's obsessed with Carter." Mishel explained, it took me a minute to believe her. Then I noticed a head pop into the window, she looked like she was laughing. "Oh." I said. And she turned around flicking Ava off. "Bitch." She muttered and I stifled a laugh. "Where were you then?" I asked and I looked down at what she was wearing. A work uniform. "I came home from work and noticed my newest bestie walking down the street. Liam told me what happened, he thought it was me too." She said and I laughed. "Fat bastard still can't tell us apart." She said. And I looked at her deep oasis eyes. "Her eyes are green." I said and Mishel laughed. "Yeah, mine are blue." She said. "That's how to tell you apart." I said and Crater pulled up, his face was stone cold. "Hey, Mishel." He said. "Hey, Carter." She said back, confused as to why he was pissed. He parked his car and got out. While I explained everything to the both of them. They both looked pissed. Then we turned when Liam stepped out, smiling. "What did you do?" I asked. "I bitch slapped, the bitch." He said and Carter high fives him.