Chapter Nine

Once Carter and I reached his house, I was basically dragging him. "You owe me big time." I mumbled before opening the door to his house, nobody was home. I set him on the couch and he flopped over. I went into his kitchen and got him some water. "Cmon drink this, then sleep." I said trying to sit him up. "Thank you." He muttered and I felt my heart melt a bit, "it's not a problem." I said and just like that he fell asleep. I stayed beside him. Considering if I moved his head would have to get off my lap. I felt drowsy myself but tried to stay up. Which was almost impossible. So to distract me I pulled out my phone and text Liam and Mishel. They were probably still at the party but I sent it and waited for their reply. Which didn't come. Carter was snoring on my lap and I was passing out. His mom was probably at mine or out with others. I was surprised mine hadn't spammed my phone by now. Thank god for Marilyn. I ran my hand through Carter's hair but he just laid still. "You're the cutest sleeper." I mumbled before I laid my head back. Instantly falling asleep, right there, with him.
Which didn't last long it felt like. Someone was shaking me and I could barely wake up. I groaned, but instantly stopped when I opened my eyes and saw Carter. "Hey, sleepyhead." He said sounded a bit overexcited. "What time is it?" I sounded like I was whining but he just kept smiling. "It's almost 10." He said and sat back down next to me. "Seriously?" I asked and he just laughed and switched on the TV. "Yeah, my mom called to check up, apparently your mom and mine are at a hotel. Don't worry I told them you were at your house so they wouldn't freak." He said. "Has anyone ever told you, you snore?" He asked and I smacked his arm. "I DO NOT." I said and he rubbed his arm. "Ouch, princess." He said and I smirked. "I was going to get coffee but you're mean." He said and I started whining. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I said because I honestly could use coffee. "Hush, princess, That 70's show is on. I instantly shut up and turned my attention to the TV. After it ended he stood up. "Ready for coffee?" He asked and I nodded. Then hesitated. I probably looked like a rat. Oh God, he probably thinks I look hideous. "Vi?" He sounded impatient and I just looked up at him. "I changed my mind, I probably look like shit." I said honestly, and he raised his eyebrows. "You honestly look adorable" He said and grabbed my hand. I wanted to go home. Crawl in a hole, never see him again. "Here, let me get changed and then you can go back to your house and put on something else." He said trying to help. I just nodded and he ran up the stairs to his room. "Be back in a second." He said but I decided to just go home. Instead of wasting time. I walked into the house and Max went crazy. "Hi baby." I said and let him out into the yard, before heading upstairs to change. My hair looked nuts and my clothes smelled. I smothered myself in deodorant and perfume, and threw my hair into a bun. Then walked to my closet and pulled out my big gray sweater. It was long enough to be a dress. I paired it with some tights and my red panties and red bra. I heard my front door open, assuming it was my mom. I just continued to get ready, I threw on my black converse and went downstairs. Carter stood in the kitchen, by the backdoor. "Want me to let Max in?" He asked and I just nodded again. Max ran right in and attacked Carter with kisses. "Hi, buddy." Carter said and pet him. Then turned to me. "Ready?" He asked and I went straight to him. I hugged him, out of nowhere and he hugged me back. "Thanks." I whispered but I doubt he heard me. He just squeezed me tighter. "Alright, Violet." He said and I let go. "So, adventure?" He asked and I grabbed my keys. "I'm driving." I said and he smiled. "Fine." He said and we walked out into my jeep. He kept his hand on my knee and I could feel the heat. I wanted to grab him right there, but kept my eyes on the road. I couldn't screw up, not this time. "Any idea where you're going?"  He asked after about an hour of silence and I nodded my head. "It's a surprise." I said and sang along with the radio, Miley Cyrus was playing. "You like her?" He asked and I just nodded again. "Wow, cool." He said and then silence again. Once we reached where I used to live I stopped. "Voilà." I said and he raised an eyebrow. "Where are we?" He asked and I smiled. "Home." I said before stepping out of the car and walking into the book store. "A book store, we drove all this way, for a book store?" He asked and I shook my head. "I used to live around here." I said before wandering into the mystery section. "She loved mysteries so much, she became one." He said quoting Paper Towns. "That's one of my favorite books." I said and he smiled and took my hand. "Come here." He said and grabbed my waist. He looked me in the eyes, and then at my lips. I looked at his. Until he leaned in. "Wait!" I practically screamed. A few heads turned and he stopped. "I don't want to ruin this." I said, and he frowned. "Vi, I want to kiss you." He said and this time I didn't stop him. His lips landed on mine and it was like they danced in unison. I felt fireworks, my knees went weak. I wanted to stay like this forever. Until he pulled apart and we both just looked at each other. This time a bit differently, there was a spark in his eye. A flame almost, and I was about to light it.