Chapter Seven

Shortly after Carter dropped me off I realized. I had no friends. I had no idea how to make friends. All I had was Carter. If that even. I then felt my phone vibrate. It was Carter. "Hey, party tonight." Is all he said. "And you called me because?" I asked my voice sounded annoyed. He easily caught on. "You're the new girl, and you can be my arm candy." He said and I laughed a bit. "Arm candy? Wow sounds like fun. I'll pass." I said. He groaned. "¡PRINCESA VEN A LA FIESTA CON ME POR FAVOR!" He spoke Spanish? I hesitated but then decided why the hell not, maybe there'll be beer. "Fine, one condition though." I said and he sighed, "anything." He said. "You're designated driver." I said waiting for another groan from him, but he just laughed. "No need honey, we can walk." He said. "So dress comfortable, but nice. I'll pick you up at 7." He said before hanging up. It was 4:00 now, which meant I had a whole hour before I even had to start getting ready. So I trotted downstairs and found Max on the couch. There was a note on the fridge that said "At work, be home around 8." Which meant I had to make dinner myself, or wait until the party to eat. "Well, buddy. I guess it's time for some taquitos." I said, I doubt Max understood but he was asleep anyway. I made my mini tacos and flopped down next to Max on the couch turning on the TV. That 70's Show. Was playing, which is my all time favorite. I watched it while I ate, which took me up till 5:00. I ran upstairs for a shower and played my music. It felt like a Lana kind of day. Once I finished showering I walked into my room. "What it wear?" I asked myself. I decided to call Carter, because yes, I was that girl. He picked up almost right away. "Please tell me you're not bailing." He said sounding concerned. "No, I need your advice." I said and he laughed. "Oh god you are that girl." He said. "Yes I am." I said and he hung up. "What a help." I mumbled, then the doorbell rang. I was only in a towel. I didn't answer. Then I tried to think, is the door even locked? Then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and there was my answer. Carter walked right into my room without even knocking. "Well Violet, if you wanted me to see you naked you could've just said that." He said with a smirk. "CARTER WHAT THE FUCK?!" I screamed and he covered my mouth with his hand. "Chill out." Is all he said before going through my closet. "You see most of the girls will be wearing shorts and crop tops, that are way too tight. Or dresses that barely cover them. Those are the girls I hate." He said so nonchalant. "Same." I said. "So, let's go with something like, leggings. Or jeans." He pulled out my denim jeans with holes on the knees and plain black leggings. "Leggings." I said. "Now shirts, do you have any in mind?" He asked and I shrugged. "I have my tie dyed Star Wars shirt, or my yellow floral top." I said and he raised his eyebrow. "Let's go with this." He said pulling out a green baseball tee. It had three little buttons at the top. "Perfect." I said. "Now get out." I finished and he whined. "Do I have to???" He sounded like a three year old. "Yes, please." I said politely. He stepped out. I then went into my drawer and pulled out my black thong and matching lace bra. I could hear him breathing outside my door. "Aren't you going to go home and get changed?" I screamed though the door. "Nah I'm good." He said and I just sighed. "Should I bring a sweatshirt?" I asked him. "If you feel the need, it is like 70 degrees." He was being sarcastic. I finished getting dressed and opened the door. My hair was still soaking wet but I was going to let it dry naturally. We still had another half hour before he was supposed to even come. "You look beautiful." He said and I felt my cheeks heat up. "Should I apply some makeup?" I sounded insecure, needy almost. I just didn't want to embarrass him. He shook his head. "Well let's go downstairs." I said and led us there. Max was still asleep. "Did you eat?" He asked and I nodded. "Alright, good." He said and I smiled. He kept looking at me. His eyes were bright. He then looked down at my lips and I looked at his. I wanted him to kiss me, but I knew he wouldn't. Plus I didn't want to ruin our friendship, if that's what this is.