Chapter Eight

“Yah Lana that’s okay we get it. See you tomorrow hopefully.” “Alright Aaron get home safe man.” Both Tommy and Layla hung up for the last time. Everyone cancelled because some big rain storm or something. It’s not like it was a tornado or something. “So what do you want to do now baby?” Layla asked Tommy. He answered her as he snaked his arms around her waist. She giggled as he buried his face into her neck, “I think you know what I wanna do angel.” He said slowly raising her shirt. “Well you gotta catch me first!” She yelled and busted out of his arms. She took off down the hall with Tommy hot on her trail. She turned into the sitting room and hid under the great piano. He walked past it and called out “Laaaayylaa. I know you’re in here Angel.” She held back a giggle, but he dropped down and came face to face with a surprised Layla. “AH got you!” She screamed and tried crawling the opposite way. Tommy grabbed her ankle and pulled her by her foot into his chest. He sat her in his lap and covered her face with kisses. Layla shrieked as a loud boom filled the room. Lightning and thunder always scared her, and she hated it. Tommy laughed and she buried her head in his chest. “Are you afraid of storms angel?” he asked still laughing. “Don’t laugh at meeeee.” She whined hitting him on the chest. He grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her to him. He pushed his forehead to hers so she had no choice but to look him in the eyes. She smiled and kissed him on the nose. “Hey.” He complained. He pouted and his bottom lip stuck out. She laughed and bit his lip. They kissed until another strike of lightning filled the sky, and then a boom of thunder filled their ears. She shrieked and hid in his chest. Again he laughed but stroked her hair. “Shhh, baby it’s okay, I’ve got you. “ He stood up, still holding her and walked her into the kitchen. Tommy set Layla on the kitchen counter and got some grapes out of the fridge. Her eyes got big and she opened her mouth. He laughed at the girl sitting on the counter waiting for a grape. He threw one and it went right in her mouth. She chewed and smiled at him gawking. He was all the way across the room and she got it. “What? My mouth is very talented.” She said winking. “I’m sure it is honey, but no way. Here, try it again” He threw another grape and she moved to the right but still, caught it perfectly. She smiled confidently at him as he walked over to her. He walked between her legs and put his hands on her bare thighs, squeezing them. “What else can you do?” He asked as she popped a grape in his mouth. “Well, I can catch food in my mouth, and I golf. That’s it.” She said eating more grapes. “You golf? No way, why aren’t you on the golf team then?” He asked. “No no, like Frisbee golf?” “Ohhhh, all these guys played that last year. If was called frolf or whatever and it was super cool. I played a little but its hard. “ “Yah, I’ve been playing since I was a little girl. I play in tournaments and shit. It’s my one sport.” “That’s cool Angel, I should come caddie for you or something.” He said winking. “Oh, good, then maybe the guys will stop trying to fuck me in the woods.” She said nonchalantly and hopped off the counter walking towards the stairs. He starred at her with his jaw on the floor. “Can I fuck you in the woods?” He asked/begged. She just laughed and went to take the first step. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to him. He laughed in her ear and she doubled over trying to get out of his grip. He picked her up and spun her around. She finally got down and ran for the stairs. He was right behind her, grabbing her butt whenever he could. She finally got into his room and hid under his blankets. Just as he walked in, thunder boomed and she jumped up. He laughed and pounced on her. Tommy sat Indian style and held Layla like a baby, who was covered in a blanket. They sat like talking and laughing until they heard the door shut. “Tommy, where home!” Tommy’s mom announced. “I can’t believe there’s no party.” His step dad tried to whisper. “But that one girls car is here, what do you think they’re doing?” His mom said, both of them, failing miserably at whispering. Tommy sighed and got out of bed. “I’ll be right back.” She curled up in bed but before she could close her eyes she saw Tonya leaning on the doorframe. “So you’re still around? I remember when Tommy would be with a different girl every night. By the way, didn’t you have blonde hair last week?” She said smirking and walking out. Leaving Layla confused, angry and sad all at once. She came to the landing but stopped when she hears yelling. She listened to the conversation between her boyfriend and his parents. After halfway through it, she couldn’t take anymore and ran outside. She didn’t make it to her car, but she ran into a hard figure. “Hi baby”  “I don’t want that trashy skank in my house Thomas!” his mother said. “Mother, how is she a skank?! You can’t be this rude to me girlfriend!” he screamed. His step dad pushed his wife behind him and got right in his step sons face. “Now you listen here son, you are going to say goodbye to her, and that is it. No more disrespecting your mother over a common whore. Tonya helped us, and got her a ride home. She just left during your little tantrum. Now go upstairs NOW!” “You are not my father, and you are no longer my mother. You are nothing to me.” Tommy stormed upstairs but stopped by Tonya’s room first. “Tonya why did she leave? What did you tell her?” She smiled and stood up, “ Well, brother dearest, I told her that we missed the old you. Why don’t we go to your room and leave off your guys’ position.” She said trailing her hand up his chest. He jerked away from her. “What the hell Tonya, we’re step siblings! You leave her alone! And who did you have come pick her up?!” Tonya was on the verge of tears but sniffled and told him. “I don’t knoe, some guy named Nathan! He told me he missed her so I thought maybe they’d get back together.” She didn’t even have time to finish before he was out the door getting into his jeep in the pouring rain.