Chapter 2: Kyros Brams

The last two weeks of my life could only be described as a nightmare. I had turned 14 on the 4th and the next day I stretched my arms only to find out I had been cursed the same way my neighbor Mr. Blanc had 2 years ago.

I had powers.

Naturally I had flipped out and broke down into tears (look I'm sensitive okay? My mom always told me that was a good thing). It didn't help that the people that had just been gathered around my kitchen table singing 'Happy Birthday' had turned me into the authorities just as quickly as they had found out.

Before I knew it an army of police had surrounded my house and they dragged me a thousand miles from my home in Phoenix to Seattle...it...was horrifying.

I didn't feel human.

They chained my arms together behind my back and placed special, metal spherical cuffs around my hands. They bound my legs and put a collar, a shock collar, around my neck, leading me to a fortified van with a leash. For God's sake a leash!

It...I can't even describe how alone I felt.

They took me to a building and put me in a thickly layered metal room for questioning. My hands and legs were bound to the wall behind me and I was asked, over and over, what my powers were. I hadn't had much control over my situation as of late, so, I decided to remain quiet. It was the one thing I could control. Of course that had consequences.

I was thrown in a smaller prison with two girls. A prison for Supers with unknown or weak powers. According to the night guard I was the first one with unknown powers they'd had in a while.

The two other girls I was with had weaker powers and were assigned by local police to the prison for such purposes. Sarah and Hailey. They were both nice enough girls, though Sarah talked way too much and Hailey not enough. I didn't talk much in the week and a half I was there, though I did appreciate the kindness of our night guard, Daniel.

From what he told us he was 23 years old and took this position while he was searching for a job in his field. Real estate, I think. I had few exchanges with him, he told me about himself, his favorite color, bands, and girls from his university he thought were cute.

That's why I was less than excited to go with my "rescuers" after they burst through the wall and killed Daniel. They were terrifying, the small group of "Super Police" (these are the guys that were "specially trained" to handle Supers) assigned to our prison chased after the Super that blew a hole in the wall. He was weird; he ran off whooping and blowing up the hub caps of cop cars.

Daniel was the last line of defense. He grabbed his pistol and his bullet shield and stood in front of our cells. One of the girls, who'd I guess was their leader stepped forwards.

"Step down," she ordered with an eerie calm stare.

Daniel's hand shook as he raised the gun and pulled his shield close to his body. "I...I c-can't! I-it's my job to keep them here!" he stuttered, I couldn't blame him, that girl was intimidating.

She sighed, visibly relaxing, wasn't she worried about the Super Police returning? They couldn't possibly chase that guy forever. "I'll ask you one more time...please...step out of our way, we don't want to hurt you," she said. It was strange, for someone who seemed ready to take on anyone who came at her, this girl didn't seem like she was a fighter.

"I-I can't!" Daniel cried, he was physically crying this time, looking back on it, I think he knew what was coming.

The girl's face seemed pained for a moment. But it was only that, a moment. She quickly turned around and stepped back through the hole her friend had made in the wall. "You brought this on yourself, I'm sorry, Ana, make it quick," she ordered to the other girl.