| Beauty & The Beast | Prologue |

Once upon a time, in a far away land, a young, handsome Prince lived in a shining, radiant castle. Although, from the day he was born, he had all of his heart's desires, the prince was quite selfish, spoiled, cruel, and unkind. But then, one stormy winter's night, an old beggar woman knocked on the door of the castle and offered him a single, red rose in exchange for shelter from the bitter cold. Disgusted and repulsed by her haggard appearance, the Prince sneered at the gift and turned the old woman away. She warned him not to judge by appearance, for true beauty is found within. And when he dismissed her once more, the old woman's complexion melted away, revealing a beautiful enchantress. The Prince begged for forgiveness, but it was too late for she had seen that there was no love in this man's heart. As punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast and placed a horrible spell on the castle and to all who lived there. Ashamed of his monstrous form, the Prince locked himself away in his castle with a magic mirror as his only window to the outside world. The rose she had offered him was truly an enchanted rose that would bloom until his twenty-first year. If he could learn to love another and earn her love in return, the spell then would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain as a beast for the rest of his life. As years went by, he fell in despair and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a beast?