| Beauty & The Beast | Chapter 16 |

"May I help you?" You inquired, looking at him uneasily. You didn't know what kind of business Piccolo had especially that late at night. You had known he worked at an asylum, so you had no idea what he wanted. 

He smirked evilly, as his lips parted to reveal his pearly whites. That grin brought shivers down your spin. "I've come to collect your sister."  

Your eyes widened in disbelief, uttering out in confusion and surprise, "M-my sister?!"

"Don't worry. We'll take good care of her." 

He moved to the side and you gasped, not believing your very own eyes. The whole town was there with torches engulfing with red hot flames, surrounding a carriage that was meant for individuals heading to the asylum. You were outraged by seeing them all ranting of how crazy your sister was. She wasn't going insane, she simply was more intellectual than most people. Thus this caused you to be mad and speak up to the multitude of people, standing by your doorstep and saying nonsense that wasn't true.

"My sister isn't crazy! You can't just take her away! She has done nothing wrong," Your brows were formed into a frown.

"She was raving like a lunatic!" spoke Puar, gazing around the crowd. "We heard her, didn't we?"

"Yeah!" agreed all. 

"No, I won't let you!" You argued, standing in front of the door and blocking the way for them not to get in.

"[F/n]...?" came your sister's voice from inside as she peaked outside thus Puar caught her in sight. 

"Bulma, tell us again of what you said. Just how big was the beast?" Puar sarcastically asked, making the people laugh.

"H-he was... He was enormous!" Bulma exclaimed as you held her in your arms. "I'd... I'd say at least eight, no, more like 10 feet!"

"Well, you don't get much crazier than that!" laughed Puar.

"It's true, I tell you! It's the truth!" 

Your eyes fell in sadness and anger, seeing all the people laughing at what your sister was saying. They didn't believe her not one bit about the words she was spilling out of the beast. Her words were nothing more, but nonsense to them, only causing them laughter without a single belief. Your sister didn't deserve to be laughed at nor send to an asylum.

"Get her out of here!"

As your heart drummed against your chest, you watched in terror as two men grabbed a hold of your dear sister, taking her by force away from you. "Let go of me! I am not going crazy here, you dimwits!"

 "No!" You rushed out in anger to Piccolo only for him to shrug you off. "You can't do this!"

Yamcha, who has been standing against a wall with arms crossed with a smirk on his face, approached you from behind, pretending to show sympathy on his face. "Poor, [F/n]. It's a shame about your sister."

Feeling his heavy arm around your shoulder, you gazed up to him. You didn't like him one bit, but took this as a slight hope that maybe, just maybe, he can help you save your sister. Grabbing onto his shirt, you pleaded. "You know she's not crazy, Yamcha." 

"Hmm..." He hummed as if in thought. "I might be able to clear up this little misunderstanding if..."

You slightly furrowed, not liking where this was going, "If what....?"

"If you marry me," He brought you closer to him, grabbing your chin and lifting it up close to him, while you disliked the close distance. 

"What?" You uttered.