| Beauty & The Beast | Chapter 3 |

"Gee Yamcha, do you think this is a good idea?" Puar asked while they peeked from behind some bushes in front of your house.

"Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be? [F/n] will be my wife and this is the most opportune moment to ask for her hand." Yamcha replied with confident.

"Alright, if you say so, but all I can say is, [F/n] is definitely going to get the surprise of her life." Puar said nodding his head.

"Exactly. Today will be the luckiest day of [F/n]'s life," Yamcha exclaimed before letting the bushes go and walked back to a small gathering of some of the villagers - Launch and her two friends, as well as the baker, priest, a band, and a few others were there. Decorations and a make-shift chapel were set up around the small clearing. Everyone were busy preparing for what Yamcha meant to be his wedding to you. He stepped forward and smiled.

"Thanks for coming to my wedding everyone. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go propose to the lucky girl." He said winking. The villagers laughed, Puar rolled his eyes with his arms crossed, as the three girls burst into tears.

"Hey, Puar, you know what to do when I come out the door with [F/n], right?" Yamcha inquired.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm suppose to sit here and strike up the band," Puar responded, holding up a conductor's wand. The band suddenly began to play the wedding march.

Yamcha glared at Puar. "Not yet!"

"Sheesh, sorry." replied Puar and lowered the wand, as the band immediately stopped. Yamcha straightened up his shirt and walked to the front of the cottage.

You retrieved your eyes from your book, hearing the three loud knocks coming from the front door. You gently placed the book on the kitchen table, making sure you keep your page, and approached the door afterwards. Pulling down a large device that your sister had invented to see who was at the door, you spotted none other than Yamcha standing on the porch waiting to be let in.

You rolled your eyes. "If I ignore him, will he go away?" You rolled the thought around your mind before looking back at the door and sighing. "That's a big fat no."

Slowly opening the door, Yamcha wasted no time of inventing himself in without your permission.

"Yamcha, what a pleasant surprise." You said slightly backing away.

"Isn't it though," He walked towards you. "I'm just full of surprises. You know [F/n], there isn't a girl in town that would love to be in your shoes. This is the day..." Yamcha leaned on a small vanity and looked into the mirror. He stared at himself and brushed some of his hair away from his face. A pointless move, you noted, seen as his hair fell back into the exact same place anyway. Yamcha smiled at himself before turning back to you. "... This is the day your dreams come true!"

You backed away behind the table. "What do you know about my dreams, Yamcha?" You inquired.

"Plenty of course," Yamcha sat down on a chair and placed his feet upon the table, over top of your book. Mud splashed everywhere causing you to frown, as he leaned backwards and putting his hands behind his head. 'Strike one,' you thought.

"Picture this - a rustic cutting lodge, my latest kill roasting on the fire..." Yamcha slowly kicked off his boots, making himself more at home. "And my little wife, massaging my feet." He exclaimed. You plugged your nose in disgust. 'Strike two.'

"All this will be happening while the little ones play with the dogs." Yamcha continued, continuously standing back up next to you. "We'll have six or seven."

"Dogs?" You asked hopefully.

"No [F/n], strapping boys like me." He replied. You snatched the book from the table and rolled your eyes, as you quickly grabbed a cloth and began to wipe off the dirt. You walked over to the bookshelf.