Gilderoy

Edited
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Over the days Ginny and I have been getting along very well. She was like a sister. We woke up really early and ran downstairs to see Mrs. Weasley making breakfast.

"Where are the boys?" I asked, looking around.

"Still in bed," she replied.

"You mean, a boy," Ginny said, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Now it's time for somthing 'unusual'," I heard the radio host say, "we are going to play a Muggle song for all the wizards and witches listening!" The radio started playing 'hallelujah' by Jeff Buckley.

"May I have this dance?" Ginny sarcastically asked, holding her hand out for me.

"You may," I sighed, dramatically placing my hand in hers, together, the two of us slow danced around the kitchen. Ginny twirled me, but with my luck I hit a bowl of porridge, knocking it to the ground, right as that happened the boys came in.

Ginny randomly dipped me, making me lean back and face Harry.

"I'm seeing you from a whole new angle," I said, allowing Ginny to pull me back up.

I broke away from Ginny and turned to the boys, who once again just stared.

"I'll get that," Mrs. Weasley said waving her wand at the broken bowl of porridge. We all sat down as Mrs. Weasley gave us our food.

"What were you two dancing for?" Ron asked.

"Oh we were slow dancing to some Muggle song," Ginny said taking a bite of her food.

"Not just any Muggle song," I said. "That was 'Hallelujah' by Jeff Buckley . I love that song . . . It's my favorite . . . Well . . . One of my favorites."

I glanced over at Harry, who was watching me intently. He caught my eye and quickly returned his attention to his food.

"I have your letters from school," Mrs. Weasley said, handing each of us our letters. I opened mine and read over my book list.

Second-year students will require:

The standard book of spells, grade 2.
By Miranda Goshawk
Break with a banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart
Gadding with ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart
Holidays with hags by Gilderoy Lockhart
Travel with trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart
Voyages with vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart
Wanderings with werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart
Year with the yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

We all finished our list and looked at one another.

"You've guys been told to get all Lockhart's books too!" Fred asked. "The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher must be a fan - bet it's a witch."

"That lot won't come cheap," Fred said, looking at his parents. "Lockhart's books are really expensive . . . "

"Well, we'll manage," Mrs. Weasley said, but looked worried. "I expect we'll be able to pick up a lot of Ginny's things secondhand."

"Oh, what year are you?" Harry asked.

"First year," she said, putting her arms up on the table, but one of her elbows got in the butter dish. She looked over at me and together we both snickered before bursting into fits of laughter.

Soon, we were all joined by Percy, who came in all dressed and in his Prefect badge.

"Morning, all," Percy said briskly. "Lovely day."