Dobby

Harry, Ron, Ginny, Lockhart and I stood. We were all covered in muck and slime, I glanced at Harry's blood covered robes and scrunched my nose in disgust. Then there was a scream.

"Ginny!"

It was Mrs. Weasley. She was closely followed by Mr. Weasley, both of them flung themselves at there daughter.

Then I felt myself being pressed against Mrs. Weasley.

"Oh, you're all right. Both of you, I was so worried," she said, then grabbed Harry. "You saved them! You saved them! How did you do it?!"

"I think we'd all like to know that," McGonagall said weakly.

Mrs. Weasley let go of Harry. Harry laid the Sorting Hat and the sword, and what remained of the diary.

Then he told us all that happened, how he heard voices and Hermione figured it out, how Ron, him and me followed the spiders into the forest. What Arogog had told them about the Chamber and how I was passed out. And where the Chamber of Secrets entrance is.

"Very well," McGonagall said as Harry paused, "So you found out where the Chamber was - breaking a hundred school rules into pieces along the way, i might add - but how on earth did you all get out of there alive, Potter?"

Harry started telling them about how Fawkes saved him and about the Sorting Hat that have him the sword. I started crying with Ginny.

What if we get expelled, I love it here. . . I can't leave.

Harry shot us a panicked look, then turned to Dumbledore.

"What interests me most," Dumbledore said gently, "is how Lord Voldemort managed to enchant them, when sources tell me be is currently in hiding in the forest of Albania."

"W-what's that?" Mrs. Weasley said stunned. "You-Know-Who? En-enchanted them? But they're not . . . They haven't been. . . Have they?"

"It was the diary," Harry said quickly, he picked up the diary and showed Dumbledore. "Riddle wrote it when he was sixteen . . . "

Dumbledore took the diary from Harry and stared at it from his half-moon spectacles.

"Brilliant," he said softly. "Of course, he was probably the most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever seen. . . Very few people know that Lord Voldemort was once called Tom Riddle. I taught him myself, fifty years ago, at Hogwarts. He disappeared after leaving the school . . . Traveled far and wide . . . Sank so deeply into the Dark Arts, consorted with the very worst of our kind, underwent so many dangerous, magical transformations, that when he resurfaced as Lord Voldemort, he was barely recognizable. Hardly anyone connected Lord Voldemort with the clever, handsome boy who was once Head Boy here."

"But, they. . . What did they got to do with - with - him?"

"His d-diary!" Ginny sobbed. "I've b-been writing in it, and he's been w-writing back all year -"

"Ginny!" Mr. Weasley said as I walked over to Harry's side. "Haven't I tought you anything? What have I always told you? Never trust anything that can think for itself If you can't see where it keeps its brain? Why didn't you show me the diary, or your mother? A suspicious object like that, it was clearly full of Dark Magic -""

"I d-didn't know," Ginny sobbed. "I found it inside one of the books Mum got me. I th-thought someone had just left it in there and forgotten about it -"

"Miss Weasley should go up to the hotspot wing right away," Dumbledore said in a firm voice. "This is terrible ordeal for her. There will be no punishment. Older and wise wizards than she have been hoodwinked by Lord Voldemort." He store over to the door and opened it. "Bed rest and perhaps a large, steaming mug of hot chocolate. I always find that cheers me up," he added kindly. "You will find that Madam Pomfrey is still awake. She's just giving out Mandrake juice - I daresay the basilisk's victims will be waking up any moment."